Questions and features requests

Hello,
Thank you for the great plugin!

Questions:

1. Where might I see future planned features?

Features requests:

1. Adding the “Where” fields to each event - so it will automatically redirect to the corresponding google map search.
  2. in “events administration” - allowing multiple selection of events (for example, for deletion"
  3. in “events administration” - giving some information on who created the event (i.p, maybe WP user), and time when the event was creates. (to allow for fast spam filtering)
  4. Search - allowing to search inside the calendar (by fields?)
  5. Having a field (when adding an event) with an optional “link”, but having the link automatically add the to it, so to have it clickable.
  6. Importing events into the calendar from ical or others. (The best would be if it could take in the feed of some other event calendar)

Again,
Thank you for this wonderful plugin - I can’t wait for future releases!

Best,
Tal

1. Adding the “Where” fields to each event
    Actually it can be already done. You can add custom fields to events. And you can change template of event, so Where field will be rendered as a link to google map service.
  1. in “events administration” - allowing multiple selection of events
    Good idea, will be added as part of next update
  1. Having a field (when adding an event) with an optional “link”
    Can be done through custom fields and templates configuration
  1. Importing events into the calendar from ical or others.
    We plan to include such feature in next version of scheduler, so it will be available in WP plugin as well.
  1. in “events administration” - giving some information on who created the event
  2. Search - allowing to search inside the calendar (by fields?)
    Not quite sure about this features, currently we have not plan to add similar ones.
  1. Where might I see future planned features?
    There is no exact date for next release yet.

On next week we will release update which will add support of WPMU and multi-user mode in case of Joomla.

The next major update will be not earlier than August 2010, after scheduler 2.3 release.

Hi Stanislav,
Thank you for the fast reply.

Another feature:

1. Rearrange the custom fields

Question:
You said I could do what I asked using “custom fields and templates configuration”,
I am looking at this:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … om_styling
And:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … _templates
And I admit I don’t see how this can be done straightforwardly.

Is there a simple tutorial (or might you write up a short explanation), on how this can be achieved?

Again, thank you so much for the help, quick reply, and the amazing product!

Cheers,
Tal

Is there a simple tutorial (or might you write up a short explanation), on how this can be achieved?

Assuming that you are talking about “Having a field (when adding an event) with an optional “link””

You can add extra field in the admin part, and name it mylink ( this is name of field, description which will be visible in calendar, may be set to any text value )

After that, in templates section, you can adjust code of
“scheduler.templates.event_text=function(start,end,event){”
as

return event.mylink?("<a href='"+event.mylink+"'>"+event.text+"</a>"):event.text;

This is great information and easy enough to include in the Admin panel. If the hyperlink value is null, can an “If” statement be added to check for a null value and NOT create the hyperlink for that event?

Yep , the template can contain any javascript logic
Actually the above one already checks is value empty or not ( “event.mylink?” )