Custom Personal Schedules

Hello all,

I was wondering if the following customisation is possible using the api and Joomla.

I’m trying to use this for a TV guide site where users can browse their favourite TV shows and then click ‘add to schedule’ and that will then update their personal schedule with the time of the TV show.

When a user views an article in Joomla, they can click a button. This then adds a specific event (defined in the button code) to their private schedule.

Hope this makes sense!

(Posted in wrong forum before)

Technically it possible

You can have scheduler in private mode, when each user will have their own schedule.
Also, events are stored as plain records in the single record , so, with a bit of custom code, you can add new events from the custom page ( scheduler itself doesn’t provide such functionality - but it will not require a lot of coding to make it )

Thanks for the reply.

I’ll have a play round with it.

Have you got any suggestions on what API / code I should use to get me started?

Thanks again for your help!

As for schedule itself - I think that using plugin in “private mode” will be enough.
As for adding - it must be a fully custom code , just some php code which will insert new record in “{prefix}events_rec” table. Table stores data in very simple manner

start_date
end_date
text

there is no need to any extra steps.

Cheers, I’ll have a go.

This seems to be working a treat! I have made a lot of progress.

I do seem to have one small problem:

When I enable repeatable events and try to move them around in the front end, they stick to the mouse and I am unable to drop them again.

Sounds as some kind of js error. Are you using any other js-rich widgets on the same page?

hello
can you share with me your EPG website.
i need to develop the same
willing to pay…

Best Regards,
Malkiel Sharon
Anona.TV

Email: Sharon@Anona.TV
Tel: +972 (722) 44-5555
Mobile: +972 (54) 4563661
Web: Anona.tv
Facebook: Facebook.com/AnonaTV