Tooltip Length?

I have this in my Template section in admin panel/scheduler for event_text template

return scheduler.getLabel( "techs", event.techs ) + " - " + scheduler.templates.hour_scale(start) + " to " + scheduler.templates.hour_scale(end) + " 
 " +  "<span title='"+event.text+"'>" + event.text + "</span>" + " 
 " +  "<span title='"+event.comments+"'>" + event.comments + "</span>" + " 
 " +  "<span title='"+event.technotes+"'>" + event.technotes + "</span>";

Which in turn is going to show
Technician
start time
finish time
description
custom field comments
custom field technotes

Its working fine
BUT
I need 2 things
1.On mouse over i need everything displayed from the event in the tooltip ( Cuts off at a certain limit per section? )
It seems to only display certain fields on hover. If i hover over my first custom field that field shows . But i cant see my second custom field as its hidden iniside the box that houses the event . I Need it to display everything that is in that event ( All fields on hover , Not just select fields , as the other fields are hidden due to times ( eg. 9-10am and the rest of the text is not visible to hover over so you cant display it unless you drag the event down to make the box bigger )
2.When you mouse over anywhere on the calender event in day, week, agenda, month, even year etc , the tooltip will pop up ( Not mouse over the text, but the actual box that is displayed in the calender, as on my calender we work by hours and cant see anything except a few letters as pictured below )

So my questions are pretty simple i think
How do I get the tooltip to display until you take the mouse off it
How do I get the tooltip to display everything and not just a fixed amount of characters

The tooltip is not displaying the whole Event.text etc . It cuts off after so many characters

I have looked at the tooltip.js file and edited it but nothing happens

Do I have to enable the dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js file somehow ?
As it doesn’t seem to effect anything. And the tooltip looks like a std HTML tool tip

Any help would be appreciated as this has me stumped
Thanks In Advance :smiley:

Hello,

Default plugin functionality doesn’t support any tooltips so I am not quite sure what do you mean. If you were talking about events representation in calendar when indeed text could be cut off as your template would require quite a lot of space to display all that text and event size is controlled by time when it is occuring (height) and number of events in the same time (width).

As a solution to this problem you can add real tooltip support:

1. Download stand alone version of the scheduler.
  2. Locate codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js file and place it in the com_scheduler/codebase/ext/ folder in your plugin directory.
  3. Open components/com_scheduler/scheduler_include.html and add following

<script src="./components/com_scheduler/codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script> <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> // template to display as tooltip scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format=scheduler.date.date_to_str("%Y-%m-%d %H:%i"); scheduler.templates.tooltip_text = function(start,end,event) { return "<b>Event:</b> "+event.text+"<br/><b>Start date:</b> "+scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format(start)+"<br/><b>End date:</b> "+scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format(end); }; </script>

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ilya

Yes that worked perfectly ! Thanks Ilya :smiley:

hi all,

i need some help whith tooltip too… I set Ilya said and it worket along a few weeks. However, it doesnt work now. I tried reinstall all plugin (wordpress) with no success. I dont understand anything.

Can someone check it? I’m very frustrated. thanks.

js script is got, but tooltip not appears.

<script src="wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    // template to display as tooltip
       scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format=scheduler.date.date_to_str("%Y-%m-%d %H:%i");
       scheduler.templates.tooltip_text = function(start,end,event) {
          return "<b>Event:</b> "+event.text+"<br/><b>Start date:</b> "+scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format(start)+"<br/><b>End date:</b> "+scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format(end);
       };
    </script>

padeleon.es/padeleon/?page_id=16 … mode=month

I dont know what it is meant to show but it does have a tooltip here
It is a bit slow to pop up though
Check the attachment

thx for reply but its a html tooltip. I need a tooltip likes Ilya atachment. I think there is an error on plugin, because i installed a new instance of wordpress , installed the plugin, i made Ilya setup and it works again… but i dont want recreate whole page…

Reinstalling plugin dont work, because plugin keeps my custom fields!!! How can i delete completely this plugin?!!

So it was working on the old site but this is on a new install of wordpress?
If you have items you wish to put back from the old install you would have to import your rec_events table contents into your word press database . Maybe ilya can provide some ideas on why the tooltip is not working but without access its pretty hard to determine what is causing it

1. was working in site A (host). padeleon.es/padeleon/?page_id=16 … mode=month
    but now its NOT working. I dont need save any data.

2. Deleted event table, clicked “restore default” button in plugin wordpress setup, install plugin again, Ilya setup. : doesnt WORK!

3.- New wordpress installation at LOCALHOST. Installed plugin, Ilya setup : WORKS!!!

i want know whats is happening, because i wouldnt like make the whole page again!

SOLVED!

User access manager plugin is not compatible whith tooltip extension.