Server side

Hi all!
I’m just starting out, so I would need to see an example of how to put inside HTML a serser-side script.
My setup is as follows:
WinXp with local IIS
On same pc I have MsSql 2005 server running

I would like to fill a combo option (in a form) from a table in this database…
I was able to use your java combo component filling the options manualy from code, but now I would need to load them from your JavaConnector.

Do you have a simple example to get me started?

Thanks a lot!
Marco

You need to download related connector package, they are exists for java, .net, php
Each of packages has a set of samples inside.

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxC … ndex.shtml

Thanks for your reply Stanislav
I had downloaded the Java package as you suggested… the problem was that I did not know that samples.war was like a rar file… Now I know! :wink:)

Thanks a lot!
Marco

I’m sorry but I still don’t understand…
For example the file combo_02_sql_connector.java in the WEB-INF/scr folder where is it called from? How do I send it to the server?
Thanks again!!
Marco

in \WEB-INF\web.xml we have

<servlet> <servlet-name>c_02_sql_connector</servlet-name> <servlet-class>combo_02_sql_connector</servlet-class> </servlet> <servlet-mapping> <servlet-name>c_02_sql_connector</servlet-name> <url-pattern>/combo/02_sql_connector.do</url-pattern> </servlet-mapping>
which maps serlvet class to the url

and in \combo\02_sql.html we have

<script>
        var z=new dhtmlXCombo("combo_zone5","alfa4",200);
		z.enableFilteringMode(true,"02_sql_connector.do",true);
	</script>

Combo sends request to the url, which triggers servlet with connector class, connector grabs data from DB, format it and outputs back to client, where combo renders list of options based on a received data.

Thanks for your explanation!
Marco