asp.net and MySQL

Newbie here and I’m trying the scheduler in asp.net using a MySQl db. I’m getting the following unhandled exception;

“System.NotImplementedException: ado.net provider for MySQLAdapter is not installed in your system!”

Here is my connector;

Public Overrides Function CreateConnector(context As HttpContext) As IdhtmlxConnector
    Return New dhtmlxSchedulerConnector("events", "EventID", dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType.MySQL, ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("MySqlServer").ConnectionString, "FromDate", "ToDate", "Subject as text, Details as details, Tags")
End Function

What am I missing??

Thanks for any help in advance.
Vic

Thought I would add a little more info.

Here is the error;

Server Error in ‘/ccgv2012’ Application.

ado.net provider for MySQLAdapter is not installed in your system!
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NotImplementedException: ado.net provider for MySQLAdapter is not installed in your system!

Source Error:
Line 22:
Line 23: Public Overrides Function CreateConnector(context As HttpContext) As IdhtmlxConnector
Line 24: Return New dhtmlxSchedulerConnector(“events_rec”, “event_id”, dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType.MySQL, ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings(“ccgvMySqlServer”).ConnectionString, “start_date”, “end_date”, “text, rec_type, event_pid, event_length”)
Line 25: End Function
Line 26:

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccgv2012\schedulerConnector.ashx Line: 24

Stack Trace:
[NotImplementedException: ado.net provider for MySQLAdapter is not installed in your system!]

dhtmlxConnectors.DatabaseAdapterFactory.getByType(String type) +266

dhtmlxConnectors.DatabaseAdapterFactory.CreateAdapter(dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType type) +82

dhtmlxConnectors.DataRequest.get_Adapter() +20

dhtmlxConnectors.dhtmlxSchedulerConnector…ctor(String SelectSource, String PrimaryKeyColumnName, dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType AdapterType, String ConnectionString, String StartDateColumnName, String FinishDateColumnName, String DetailsColumnNames) +499

schedulerConnector.CreateConnector(HttpContext context) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ccgv2012\schedulerConnector.ashx:24

dhtmlxConnectors.dhtmlxRequestHandler.get_Connector() +44

dhtmlxConnectors.dhtmlxRequestHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +25

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +100

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

And here is a screen shot of the options from the dhtmlxConnectors dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType;

Still not sure what I may be missing. Any help is appreciated.
Vic

Hi,
connector requires ado.net driver for mysql, which can be downloaded from here
dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/

Thanks Aliaksandr for the response but I already have the mysql connector net 6.5.4 driver installed. That is how the rest of the site gets it’s data.

Hi,
looks like connectors required older version of mysql driver.
check the attachment, MySQLAdapter should work there
dhtmlxConnector.NET120409.zip (40.5 KB)

Very cool Aliaksandr. That did it. Will move forward with the testing.

Thanks,
Vic

Hello,
.DBML file does not support MySQL other any other database excel MS SQL.
I am trying to test DHTMLXSchedular .Net Application with MySQL Database.

Please let me know steps for the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Grab.

Download the dhtmlxConnector posted by Aliaksandr above, unzip it and put it into the bin folder of your project. You also need to download the MySQL connector and install it into the bin folder. You can download that from here, http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/.

Here is my code in the handler;

[code]<%@ WebHandler Language=“VB” Class=“schedulerConnector” %>

Imports System
Imports System.Collections.Generic
Imports System.Linq
Imports System.Web
Imports System.Web.Services
Imports dhtmlxConnectors
Imports System.Configuration

Public Class schedulerConnector
Inherits dhtmlxRequestHandler : Implements IHttpHandler

Public Overrides Function CreateConnector(context As HttpContext) As IdhtmlxConnector
    Return New dhtmlxSchedulerConnector("events_rec", "event_id", dhtmlxDatabaseAdapterType.MySQL, ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("Your connnection string name in your project web.config").ConnectionString, "start_date", "end_date", "text, rec_type, event_pid, event_length, location, tags")
End Function

End Class[/code]

Here is my code in the calendar aspx page;

[code]
Calendar

<script src="yourfilelocation/dhtmlxscheduler.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script src="yourfilelocation/dhtmlxscheduler_recurring.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<script src="yourfilelocation/dhtmlxscheduler_readonly.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="yourfilelocation/dhtmlxscheduler.css" type="text/css" title="no title" charset="utf-8" />

[/code]

Hope this helps.

Vic

So I’ve been looking in to ASP, and I’ve been wondering if it is at all possible to exploit it, and how? My first thought would be to write you own asp file, and use that to trick the ASP Engine into giving you what you want. This is purely hypothetical. It’s not like I’m trying to hack some sort of outdated ASP Site or anything.

Assuming that all input field perform character validation

Thanks