Static Context Menu In Div

I need to create a static vertical menu.

The context menu seems to do exactly what I’m looking for except I was wondering if it can be perminately fixed on the page.

I want to create a DIV (or some sort of placeholder) and specify a vertical menu that is static, fixed and present (not only appearing when a region is right clicked)

Thanks,
Drew

Try to call the following methods:

menu.setAutoHideMode(false);
menu.setContextMenuHideAllMode(false);

dhtmlxmenu_ext.js should be included

I tried that and it’s a little better. That code at lest makes the menu stay in one place once the context zone is left clicked.

Is there a way to have the menu automatically open to a fixed location.

The gloal is to have the menu created “on load” and remain in a static position on the page.

Thanks,
Drew

Try showContextMenu(x,y) method that opens menu in a certain position:

menu.showContextMenu(100,100) ;

Thank you for all your help. It does seem like showContextMenu should do what I’m looking for but I can’t seem to get it to work. As soon as I include the showContextMenu(100, 100); I get the following error:
SCRIPT438: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘load’
dhtmlx.js, line 21 character 226

I have included a sample html file that creates this error. Hopefully it helps

Context Menu on Body html,body{width:100%;height:100%;margin:0px;overflow:hidden;}
	<div id="contextZone_A" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 400px; height: 400px; border: #C1C1C1 1px solid; background-color: #E7F4FF;">Items</div>

<script>
	var menu;
	function initMenu(){
		menu=new dhtmlXMenuObject();
		menu.setIconsPath("http://www.dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxMenu/samples/02_context/inc/../../common/imgs/");
		menu.renderAsContextMenu();
		menu.setAutoShowMode(false);
		menu.addContextZone("contextZone_A");
		menu.setAutoHideMode(false);
		menu.setContextMenuHideAllMode(false);
		menu.loadXML("http://www.dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxMenu/samples/02_context/inc/../../common/dhxmenu.xml?e="+new Date().getTime());}
		menu.showContextMenu(100, 100);

</script> 

</body> 

Try to open menu after its data are loaded:

menu.loadXML(url,function(){
menu.showContextMenu(100, 100);
});