Loading issue with the dthmlxcombo dropdown list

Hi

I m very new to dhtmlxcombo. when too many records are there, its taking time to load values to dropdownlist. please suggest me how can i reduce the loading time , so that loading happens quickly.

I think nobody in this forum know about loading records in dhtmlx combo drop downlist from DB.

Hi,

You may use server-side filtering when Combo loads only options that correspond typed mask:

dhtmlxCombo/samples/04_filtering/01_combo_big_db.html
dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ig_db.html

Here are docs:
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … :filtering

Hi

I think thats not the real solution to fix the issue.If the user clicks the drop down all the records should be displayed in the dropdown.Now I am testing with 6400 rows.Now its taking 7-8secs to show all the records after clicking the drop down list.

So,please suggest another solution.

Regards,
Gundamaiah

Here we need to minimize the loading time As it taking nearly 10 secs to show the records in drop down.
We are using editable,insertable dhtmlx3.0 combo.Please suggest how to resolve this issue.Its very urgent .Please give reply ASAP.

Thanks
Gundamaiah

Combo doesn’t provide any other solution to impove performance.

If you do not find another solution (another component), you may try the following workaround:

• place a div with input and arrows image on a page- it will represent combo header.
  • as drop-down you may use Grid with SmartRendering enabled. Grid should be placed in absolutely-positioned container and that will be displayed on header click. Grid supports filtering. that could help to search options:
    dhtmlxGrid/samples/08_filtering/05_pro_filter_srnd.html
    dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … _srnd.html