Flickering issue when window object contains a .NET control

Hi,
I am facing an issue with dhtmlxWindow component when i have a .NET control embedded in the window page.

Whenever i hover around the dhtmlxWindow (near the buttons or around the border), the .net component flickers a lot.
The reason for the issue is: whenever we hover over the buttons or around the boundary, the dhtmlxWindow object creates a div around the area, either for tooltip or object holder for dragging or resizing. And since another control covers the .NET control, it fires a repaint on itself & it continously repaints itself.

Attached is the sample to reproduce this issue. To invoke this sample, you need to deploy the attached files in any appserver (tomcat/IIS etc) & just invoke ‘01_global.html’ file. (We require any app server as .NET cannot be invoked from local disk using file protocol).

So, is there any way by which we can disable the tooltips & other onhover events so that no control is generated on top of the .net component avoiding its repaint activity, unless a resize event is invoked.

Thanking You,
Vibhav Agrawal
Window.NET Component.zip (103 KB)

Hello,

try to load the page into an iframe (attachURL with 1 parameter). Possibly it’ll to solve the problem:

win.attachURL(some_url);

Hi Alexandra,
I think you didn’t go through the attached sample.

I have used ‘w2.attachURL("./Test.html");’ only for loading the content page which internally contains the object tag to load .net component.

Thanks,
Vibhav Agrawal

Window doesn’t do anything with iframe content on mouse over. So we don’t think that windows can be the reason for the issue.

But we’ve tried to test your sample - we haven’t succeeded to run it.

Please provide the direct link to the problematic page.

Hi,

We dont have any online resource for this issue. But you can follow following approach for reproducing this.

You just need to extract this folder inside any appserver (tomcat, iis, etc) & need to refer to the html file as below:
machineName:portNo/relativePath/01_global.html
where relativePath is the folder structure where you have deployed the extracted folder.

For example: i have deployed in my tomcat folder at:
{Tomcat6}\webapps\manager
& i invoke the url in browser as: localhost:8080/manager/01_global.html

As mentioned in my earlier post, since .NET component cannot be refered from file protocol, so opening the file directly in the browser with local file protocol will not load the component & hence, you need to deploy it in any app server.

Thanks,
Vibhav Agrawal

Hello,

unfortunately, we don’t have an opportunity to test the problem locally. So, if you’re sure that the reason for the problem is our component, please provide a direct link to the problematic page. Possibly the issue can be fixed from our side…

Hello,

Please find attached the war file which you can deploy in any application server. (Please remove ‘.zip’ from the file).
flicker.war.zip (100 KB)
You can invoke URL: :/flicker/index.html

Also find attached the screenshot for the UI which you will be able to see after loading the page.

Please let me know incase you are still not able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,
Vibhav Agrawal

Hello,

Please provide the direct link to the problematic page. We don’t have an opportunity to test the sample locally.

Hi Alexandra,

We have uploaded the sample on the following weblink:
system4.dyadem.com/FlickerIssue/index.html

You can reproduce this issue on IE6 & IE7 with any machine having .NET framework 2.0 installed on it.

Regards,
Vibhav Agrawal

Hello,

we’ve opened the page (.Net framework is installed). The .Net applets are not displayed - please see attached screenshot. Possibly there should be some browser setting to show them ?

Hi Alexandra,
You can reproduce this issue on IE6 & IE7 without any modifications.

In IE8, you need to add the site into the trusted sites list following below mentioned steps:

1. Open tools → Internet Options
  2. Go to Security Tab.
  3. Select ‘Trusted Sites’ in the zone list.
  4. Click on ‘Sites’
  5. Deselect 'Require Server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
  6. The site field would be filled with ‘http://system4.dyadem.com’. Click on ‘Add’ button.
  7. close the browser & re-open the page.
    (You can refer the below screenshot with the final site list dialog).

Please let me know incase its still not reproducible.

Regards,
Vibhav Agrawal

Hello,

we’ve reproduced the problem - thank you for details. We’ll try to find the solution if it’s possible.