layout nested in layout resizing

Hi,

I have a 3T layout, and in the cell “b”, I want a 3E layout. In each cell, I have respectivly a grid, a tree and then a grid attached.

Now the 3T layout is initialized as a full screen layout, and when I resize the browser, I want each cell to resize accordingly.

Problem:
1- in all browsers (currently checked chrome and IE): the bottom cell of the 3E layout is open (and another one, it doesn’t matter). I resize the browser to be higher than then this cell, and the parent cell (the cell doesn’t appear anymore) and the parent cell doesn’t resize anymore, and I have to collapse the cells “a” and “b” to see the “c” cell

2- IE specific: when the issue stated above happens, and I collapse the cells to see the “c” cell, the grid does not appear anymore. I tried calling grid.setSizes() and layout.setSizes() on the parent layout resize event with no change.

The initialization codes:

[code]function initializeLayout() {
layout = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(document.body, “3T”, “dhx_skyblue”); //create a new layout object
layout.cells(“a”).setHeight(55);
layout.cells(“a”).hideHeader();
layout.cells(“b”).setWidth(250); //set the width of the left cell (with the tree)
var statusBar = layout.attachStatusBar(); //attach a status bar to the entire layout
statusBar.setText(“Release 1.0.0”); //to be changed
layout.cells(“a”).attachObject(“topDiv”);
layout.cells(“c”).hideHeader(); //hide the title of the right cell
layout.cells(“b”).setText(“Application Explorer”);

//Adjust the window size when the tree cell is collapsed
        layout.attachEvent("onCollapse", function(itemId) {
            if (itemId == "b") {
                layout.setSizes();
            }
        })

//adjust the window size when the tree cell is expanded
        layout.attachEvent("onExpand", function(itemId) {
            if (itemId == "b") {
                layout.setSizes();
            }
        });

layout.attachEvent("onResizeFinish", function() {
            accordion.setSizes();
            settingsGrid.setSizes();
        });
    }

[/code]

function initializeAccordion()
        //initialize the accordion of the left side container
        {
            accordion = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(layout.cells("b"), "3E");  //create an accordion object attached to the left side layout cell
            accordion.cells("a").setText("Dashboards");
            accordion.cells("b").setText("Activities");
            accordion.cells("c").setText("Settings");
            accordion.cells("b").collapse();
            accordion.cells("c").collapse();
           // accordion.setSizes();
            layout.cells("b").showHeader();
        }
        function initializeSettingsGrid()
        //Initialize the grid used as a settings menu
        {
            settingsGrid = accordion.cells("c").attachGrid(); //Create a new grid object, attached to the "settingsGrid" accordion cell
            settingsGrid.setImagePath("Components/dhtmlx/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/imgs/"); //Set the grid icons folder of the grid
            settingsGrid.setHeader("Image,Item"); //Set the header
            settingsGrid.setNoHeader(true); //Don't show the header
            settingsGrid.setInitWidths("25,*"); //Set the  widthes of the columns
            settingsGrid.setColTypes("img,ro"); //Set the column types to image and read only
            settingsGrid.setIconPath("images/"); //Set the folder where our images are located
            settingsGrid.setSkin("dhx_skyblue");
            settingsGrid.enableAlterCss("", ""); //No alternate colors for the rows
            settingsGrid.init(); //Initialize the grid
            settingsGrid.loadXML("temp/settingsTree.xml"); //Populate the grid
            settingsGrid.enableRowsHover(true, 'grid_hover'); //Enable rows highlighting on mouse over
            settingsGrid.objBox.style.backgroundColor = "#FFFFFF";
            settingsGrid.attachEvent("onRowSelect", function(id, ind) {
                loadContent(settingsGrid.cells(id, 0).getAttribute("url"), settingsGrid.cells(id, 1).getValue(), settingsGrid.cells(id, 0).getAttribute("src"));
                tree.clearSelection();
                dashboardsGrid.clearSelection();
            });
        }

If you need additional details I can e-mail you the entire page.

Thanks and regards,

Charbel Abdo

Hello,

I’ve attached the latest accordion version. Please check it.

If the problem still occurs, you may provide the complete demo where the issue can be recreated.
dhtmlxaccordion.zip (5.78 KB)

Hi,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the “accordion” variable here is actually a “3E” layout (I just named it like this because of its needed behavior):

function initializeAccordion() //initialize the accordion of the left side container { accordion = new dhtmlXLayoutObject(layout.cells("b"), "3E"); //create an accordion object attached to the left side layout cell accordion.cells("a").setText("Dashboards"); accordion.cells("b").setText("Activities"); accordion.cells("c").setText("Settings"); accordion.cells("b").collapse(); accordion.cells("c").collapse(); // accordion.setSizes(); layout.cells("b").showHeader(); }

Thanks again

Hello,

we’ve recreated the problem. When the fix is ready, we’ll send it to you.

10x

Try to use the attached file. Locally it’s solved the problem
dhtmlxcontainer.zip (5.95 KB)