Changing the event header title?

How do I go about changing a new event’s title as well the default “new_event” text?

Hi,
you can change default text using the locale object: scheduler.locale.labels.new_event = "Custom label";
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/locali … stomlocale
Regarding the other properties, you can catch onEventCreated event, and assing default values to newly created event in handler:scheduler.attachEvent("onEventCreated", function(id,e){ var ev = scheduler.getEvent(id); ev.some_property = some_value; return true; });
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … event.html

Thanks for the help,
I tried changing “id” to a map_to value in my light box to no avail.
what am i doing wrong?

scheduler.attachEvent("onEventCreated", function(id,e){ var ev = scheduler.getEvent(id); ev.some_property = some_value; return true; });

Also the “Custom Label” worked but is there a way to change which variable in the lightbox the placeholder is for?

Hi,

I’m not sure I understand, can you clarify please? You mean you have mapped one of the input of the lightbox to the id of event?

again, i’m not sure I fully get it. But here are the options:

1. If you need to change the displayed content of an event box, or a property from which the value is taken, you can override the template function
    docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … plate.html

2. If you need to set the default values a newly created event, the best way is to use onEventCreated event

3. If you need to bind lightbox controls to a custom property, you need to redefine sections config and specify ‘map_to’ value of the needed control
    docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/lightbox_editors.html

4. If you need to dynamicaly change the id of an event, it must be done using scheduler.changeEventId method, otherwise the component might work incorrectly.
    You can define a custom control, which will call changeEventId during the saving

docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/custom … ditor.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … entid.html

scheduler.templates.event_text = function(start,end,ev){ return ev.text; };

Was exactly what I was looking for, just had to change “ev.text” to whatever map_to I wanted.

This is a wonderful application

Am I able to create a limitation for the event title?
For example if I link the description to the event’s title, and the description allows 600 characters, can I create an ellipse for when it exceeds 100 characters?