disable resize of events in timeline view

hi ,
how to disable resize of events in time line view, i have used below code to disable resize of events in scheduler

scheduler.Config.drag_resize = false;

but its not working in timeline view.

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Hello,

It should works properly. See example:
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/b3067e2d

Hi ,

if i drag an object horizontally at the end of it ,i am able to shorten the length of it horizontally , i want to disable it.

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Part of the event is moved to the next date and does not become shorter. You can’t see it, because first 8 hours doesn’t displayed on the scale in timeline view.
See example with new scale:
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/5fcd2f2d

Hi
see the attached files for reference
before dragging the event length is 8 to 10 AM,but i try to drag an event the event length is increased/decreased ,i want to disable that resizing
of events in horizontal direction.

when i drag the mouse at the edges of a event horizontally ,the event length is changed, this should not happen.

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Hello,

Please, provide with screenshots of ‘time period’ section in lightbox before and after dragging the event.

Hi ,

i doesn’t want to resize while dragging ,can you tell me how to disable it in timeline view .

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Hello,

Please, set the scale start time from 12 a.m as in example below.
If you have set drag_resize config to false, all should works correctly. Probably part of your event hides in the period of time, which is not displayed on the scale. In fact the length of the event is not changed.

If the problem still occurs for you, please provide with screenshots of ‘time period’ section in lightbox before and after dragging your event “MATTHEW RUESCH” from your screenshot. Or provide with a demo link where the problrm can be reproduced.

Hi ,

After dragging the event, length of the event is not changed, but user is able to increase/decrease the length while dragging, this should not

happen(even though length is not changed after dragging).

The time period remains same for the event “MATTHEW RUESCH” after dragging also, the only concern is while dragging at the edge of event the

event length is increased/decreased.

In The below example provided by you also while dragging at the edges of event the length of event is increased/decreased.

docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/snippet/b3067e2d

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Hello,

The event length is not changed.
While dragging at the edge of the scale, part of your event hides in the period of time, which is not displayed on the scale. Start time of your scale is 8:00 am, i.e. first 8 hours don’t display on it.

Please, see screenshots with “Task B-48865”.
Before dragging:
image.prntscr.com/image/9615b142 … 652415.png
After:
image.prntscr.com/image/06c6a604 … 3d68e0.png
image.prntscr.com/image/de166e8f … c910e9.png

The same example with the scale, covering all hours of the day:
image.prntscr.com/image/e03bd4ba … ed91a4.png
After dragging:
image.prntscr.com/image/a8c938f7 … 3d6306.png
image.prntscr.com/image/f2cd2290 … e31528.png

Hi ,

please find the attachments for before drag and after dragging of an event,

after dragging an event the event length is not changed , but user is able to decrease the size of event by dragging at the edge of event, we are keeping the length same after dragging ,

The Only Concern is user should is able to drag at the edge of an event (this should not happen).

before drag the event length is 11:00-12.20,after dragging we are keeping the length same,but horizontal dragging should not happen.

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar

Hello,

Please, try to use next event for solving the issue. You can return false when it’s neccessary and cancel changes.
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … event.html

Hi ,

i have tried with onEventDragIn method ,but this event did not fire and getting the same issue.

Thanks ,
L Sreedhar