Very large timeline

Hello everybody,

I want to use the DHTMLX Scheduler for a large timeline.
Therefore I have eye on the example samples 6: timeline_13_full_month_scale
Before I will build this large timeline I have a few questions.

This great timeline needs a schema of 15 month, 24h a day.
That means the timeline needs a horizontal scrolling. This topic is very important!
In my example a day should be one hour. Is this possible to this with this example?

If I have to scroll more than 10.000 cells in horizontal direction maybe I need to have
a function for smooth scrolling like Clusterize.js. Do you have something like this?

In my timeline there is only one event in one cell allowed. Is there a setting to do this?

The events are sometime very long (maybe one week or more). Is it possible to split a long event
for example in 3 events? If so is there a DHTMLX event for this action?

Is there a possibilty to move more than one event (selection of events)
at the same time in another row via drag & drop?

Please give me a short feedback?
Thank you.

Hi,
I’m afraid that the current version of dhtmlxScheduler timeline may be not fit for your use case for performance reasons, unless without some serious customizing.

A Timeline View has no special features for rendering big date ranges and big data sets, so the performance will degrade fairly quickly.
Adding horizontal scroll to the timeline and a faster rendering is possible, but will require rewriting a big part if display logic of timeline.

Most of other items also would require some coding but much less than implementing fast rendering in timeline.

In my timeline there is only one event in one cell allowed. Is there a setting to do this?

Yes, there is an extension for that
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/collisions.html

The events are sometime very long (maybe one week or more). Is it possible to split a long event
for example in 3 events? If so is there a DHTMLX event for this action?

There is no built-in way. It should be doable via public api, e.g. your when you want to split one long event into separate shorter ones - you shorten the original event, and insert several new events after that and assign them all some custom property in order to detect that they represent a single activity. There may be variations in possible implementations so I can’t give you a ready code sample, but it looks doable.

Is there a possibilty to move more than one event (selection of events)
at the same time in another row via drag & drop?

There is also no built-in support for that, however there are API events for drag and drop which you can use in order to implement group drag and drop (detect that multiple items should be moved when dnd start, and set new time/section to multiple items after dnd ends)
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … event.html

Dear Aliaksandr,
many thanks for the reply. These are important infos for me and my project.
The biggest problem for this project is the large amount of html elements (doesn’t matter

or
).
Clusterize.js will help. For the other topics I have to write new code…

Kind regards
Max