MS SQL

I am new to using DHTMLX but see great potential for our organization in using it. I am trying to get some demo’s setup using our systems and data so that it can be evaluated for purchase.

I am trying to install Spreadsheet (v 2.0) using the installer and am receiving the following error:
“PHP extension for MSSQL is not available”

I have checked and re-checked our setup and the MS SQL extension is installed. We are currently connecting with several other applications on this server to the SQL server.

Our systems are:
Microsoft 2008 server R2
IIS 7.0
PHP 5.4
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (full)

The following Php extensions are enabled on the web server:
php_sqlsrv_54_ts
php_pdo_sqlsrv_54_ts

What do I need to do to enable dhtmlx to see and make the connection? I have read documentation, forum post and scoured the Internet for answers. What have I missed?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

I have the exact same problem. It seems that the component uses mssql_connect which has been discontinued, as I understand it.

Can somebody please answer this query?

There are two MsSQL adapters

db_mssql.php, MsSQL - uses mssql_connect
db_sqlsrv.php, SQLSrv - uses sqlsrv_connect

Depending on your setup you need to use one of them.

Just checked the spreadsheet package and it has only db_mssql.php

You can download dhtmlxconnector package
dhtmlx.com/x/download/regular/dh … or_php.zip
Take db_sqlsrv from it and place in spreadsheet’s folder, after that you will need to edit data.php file and add sqlsrv section there.

Thanks for the advice but it still does not seem to work. I think a lot more has to change. I looked at the SQL in one of the files and tested the SQL in SSMS. SSMS did not like it.

I’ve been working on other projects and am finally getting back to this. I am successfully using SQLSrv connector on other DHTMLX components and feel confident it will work on spreadsheet also. However, I am having problems with other items that so far are preventing me from going forward. I translated the mySQL queries to MSSQL but, I receiving the following error: “Cannot define PRIMARY KEY constraint on nullable column”. This applies to the ‘columnid’ column. I could set the column to not null and identity but, I hesitate to do this not knowing how the column is designed to be used. Please advise.

Thank you