ComboBox getOptionByLabel() throws Exception on special char

Also,

in the xml file doesn’t work which it should

\emportalt\Website\wlibs\cots\dhtmlx\dhtmlxGrid\doc\articles\Handling_special_characters.html

Hello,

Combo gets the option data as innerHTML. So, please, use:

Please, you

rotxt is a pure text editor (without html support), but combo doesn’t provide such a mode.

Could you please direct me to documentation that lists and explains the column types (ro, rotxt, etc.)?  Before I was using “ro” for the text in the grid with the ampersand and it was giving the behavior I have been describing to you, where it wasn’t handling the ampersand as it should.  So, I found documentation describing how to handle special characters (in your documentation, Handling_special_characters.html) and it mentioned using rotxt.  I changed the type in the grid but I don’t understand why the “rotxt”, which is supposed to be for pure text, worked to parse a string with html syntax.  It would seem that the “ro” type should have worked since there are special characters, and it’s not pure text.

It’s a big deal for us to use CDATA because then we will have to start doing xslt transforms, and plus, the xml will not be in correct syntax.  So, we really don’t believe we should have to do this.  Can you please explain to me why it doesn’t work with valid xml?  Is there some sort of issue with the code?

The information about grid cell types is dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … types.html

The same in the grid package is dhtmlxGrid/doc/excell_types.html.

>> So, we really don’t believe we should have to do this. Can you please explain to me why it doesn’t work with valid xml? Is there some sort of issue with the code?

Please, try to point your browser to the xml that you try to load into the combo.

In case of <option…>A&B the browser will show <option…>A&B

A&B is not valid html. This value the combo receives and puts as innerHTML.

In case of CDATA <option…> the browser will show <option…>A&B. A&B is valid html.

If you don’t want to use CDATA, you can try double escaping: <option…>A&amp;B

Possibly it’ll help.

Why does the combo box get the xml as we see it in the browser and not as we see it when we view the source of the html page?

Combo gets data from browser. And these are no ways to change this behavior.