Issues with dhtmlxCombo control in filtering mode

And more importantly why is the correct file never referenced in your tutorials?

It is impossible to read minified library that is in the codebase folder. So, all code modifications relate to libraries in sources.

Why the two files?

Minified libraries are smaller. So, loading of these libraries takes less time

Thanks!
Makes sense!

Sorry for resurrect this thread, but I think that modifying the code is not a good idea.
Are you planning to add a simple properties to enable/disable autocomplete? In fact filtering and autocomplete should be treated as different things.

thanks.

Hi

I have downloaded the latest script and I see that there is only 1 string with “^”, so I removed it. Although this resolves the filtered strings in the dropdown. The text in the input box is replaced with the first item of drop down. So the autocomplete doesnt let me type what I am searching for.

Pls help.

Sandy

Hi,

I have downloaded the latest script and I see that there is only 1 string with “^”

The string should be replaced with the new one - you need to remove only “^” in this string.

Thank you so much for this component and feature, I could filter by “containing” text after 2 modifications you pointed. And it works great. Also, dhtmlxCombo is I think the only one dealing with accent characters such as ö, ş, ı, ğ among its alternatives. Hope you keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kind words.

There is solution that we have not added in docs yet. The latest Combo version allows to avoid modifications for “between” or “containing” filtering in dhtmlxcombo.js library. You can pass “between” as the first parameter in enableFilteringMode method:
try combo.enableFilteringMode(“between”) instead of combo.enableFilteringMode(true)

If you want to enable this feature for all dhtmlXCombos on a page, add this bit of js after including dhtmlxcombo.js:

if (window.dhtmlXCombo) {
    window.dhtmlXCombo.prototype._anyPosition = true;
    window.dhtmlXCombo.prototype._autoDisabled = true;
}