Timeline view - editing events stopped working

Hiya,

Have a timeline based system up & working for several months, but now it’s all gone wrong…

(using mysql for elements and for events)

• Double-click to create new events WORKS
  • Drag & drop events WORKS
  • Double-click to edit an existing event NO LONGER WORKS

This WAS working, and to my knowledge no modifications have been made. When I click on an existing event (even single click), console shows:-

my_site/timetable/data/events_tr … iting=true

And if I open this in a new tab I get:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Incorrect incoming data, ID of incoming records not recognized’ in /var/www/html/timetable/common/connector/dataprocessor.php:66 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/timetable/common/connector/dataprocessor.php(82): DataProcessor->get_ids() #1 /var/www/html/timetable/common/connector/base_connector.php(490): DataProcessor->process(Object(DataConfig), Object(DataRequestConfig)) #2 /var/www/html/timetable/common/connector/base_connector.php(409): Connector->render() #3 /var/www/html/timetable/common/config.php(17): Connector->render_table(‘timetable’, ‘id’, ‘start_date,end_…’) #4 /var/www/html/timetable/data/events_tree_db.php(3): include(’/var/www/html/t…’) #5 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/timetable/common/connector/dataprocessor.php on line 66

I suspect that there may be something going wrong in the initial page load, but there aren’t any errors showing.

…HELP!

Hi,
what version of the scheduler do you use?
There was similar bug in chrome - double click stopped firing, and started working correctly only after closing and reopeing chrome window (reloading page wouldn’t do)
This should have been fixed some time ago, you may try eval version from that topic viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49487

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for the response. I’ll try the code, though… how do I tell which version I am currently using? (Was a few months ago I did this implementation).

Also…
a) the problem mysteriously went away after about 3hrs - without any code-changes. Strange!
b) I did try IE as an alternative when the problem was present and it showed the same problem, so it’s not likely to be anything to do with chrome? (we do use chrome by default here).

Not sure it it’s relevant, but I do have page-loading timing problems with the timeline which I can’t figure out how to resolve - I thought that might have been the cause, but as the problem then disappeared, I guess not!

As for the loading problems I just mentioned - I’m desperately still trying to find a way to stop the timeline from rendering until all elements have loaded, as it fails to load on first-call, and has to be refreshed every time.

Kind regards

And thanks for great product and support!
Paul.

I am experience the chrome double click issue on v4.2. Is there a fix for this available on your open source version of the scheduler?