dhtmlxChart export and integration features

Hi

We have been using dhtmlxChart object and it is a great tool, however we think it is necesary to add a couple features to allow easy integration with professional applications.

1. attachChart is not properly documented on dhtmlxLayout.
  2. When you are using large datasets, it will be great to have “onXLS” and “onXLE” event to allow trigger the layout progress indicator.
  3. As you know dhtmlxChart and dhtmlxGrid share a lot of end user requirements, so it will be great allow export pdf and xls charts as actually grid works

I will really appreciate if you can tell me if these features can be implemented now or if it is in your roadmap

Hi,

attachChart is not properly documented on dhtmlxLayout.

yes, you’re right. We are going to add attachChart to the documentation.

When you are using large datasets, it will be great to have “onXLS” and “onXLE” event to allow trigger the layout progress indicator.

charts has oXLS and onXLE events.

As you know dhtmlxChart and dhtmlxGrid share a lot of end user requirements, so it will be great allow export pdf and xls charts as actually grid works

Currently there isn’t such a functionality. We will consider this idea

Hi,
sorry to wake up such an old thread, but did you get around to adding the exporting functionality to charts?

Hi, poorva
I think this link will be helpful for you
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21876&p=92956

Hi Darya,
Thank you for the reply.
I did look at this earlier today, but could not understand how to do it. My chart is in a dhtmlxwindow. could you guide me about it?

Please learn phantomjs docs if you are interested in this functionality. We can not explain the library usage better than it is done at phantomjs.org/ For example the following article:
phantomjs.org/screen-capture.html

Thank you :slight_smile:

You are welcome!