A couple Noob questions

First, I like the look of this component, it is definitely what I am looking for, for the purpose I need. But I have some questions to make it work the way I want:

1. When you add an event from the front-end, it automatically seems to name the event “text-0”. Is there anyway for me to be able to change that when creating the event, particularly if I can use a “custom text field” to name the event, that would be great!

2. I mostly want the Timeline view. Is there a way for me to link straight to that, or only have that? I’d settle for a direct link.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

In case it matters I am using the plugin for Joomla 1.5

Hi,

1. Could you describe more in details what do you mean?
  2. You should create custom field and select timeline view type under options editor:
    docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … tom_fields
  1. I shall try. From the front-end I double click on the scheduler to create a new event. I have 2 custom field, one is a dropdown “Company” and the other is a text field “Handle.” I fill in the info for a repeating event, but then the description says “text_0” as I will show in this screenshot:

9thsword.org/sch.jpg

What I want to do, is instead of the “text_0” I would like it to display the text from the “Handle” field, if this is possible. Or at the very least, be able to set it to something different.

1. Yes I have timeline enabled. But your Joomla plugin does not give the option to link directly to that tab. However, now I realize I can do this myself, so nevermind on this one.

Hi,
unfortunately there is no way to show real option name. But you may write in template something like this:

scheduler.templates.event_text = function(start,end,ev){
    var result = "";
    if (ev.text == "text0")
        result = "Text 0 is here";
    if (ev.text == "text1")
        result = "Text 1 is here";
    if (ev.text == "text2")
        result = "Text 2 is here";
   return result;
};

So using that code, is there any way for me to have it select the “handle” name? Or at least some way to set the text_0, text 1 etc text. Otherwise I cannot manually change it, and that doesn’t make sense to me.

Hi,
please, describe required scenario more in details, I’m not sure if I undestand you correctly.

When I make a new event through the front-end, I want to be able to set the “text_0” to whatever I want when I create the event.

I am also having another important issue, I will add another number

1. Events I create are not actually saving. When I refresh he page the event is gone.

Why you can’t do it for now?
So you’ve changed type of text custom field to “select” and add several options. Now you want to set text_0 when event is created, isn’t it?

Please, provide link to your scheduler page.

I have a field that is Text, and I want that to take the place of text_0, yes.

Gladly:
9thsword.org/index.php/avail … ,mode=week

Hi,
please, add the follow code into wp-content/plugins/event-calendar-scheduler/scheduler_include.html:

<script>
scheduler.attachEvent('onEventCreated', function(event_id){
	var event = scheduler._events[event_id];
	event.text = 'text_0';
});
</script>

Unfortunately I can’t access scheduler because I don’t have permissions. Please, provide me login/pass to access scheduler (I should be able to add/edit events). You may send me details in a private message.

I am using your Scheduler for Joomla, so I assumed I wanted componets/com_scheduler/scheduler_include.html
I added that code, not sure what it was supposed to do? It still does not add text based on what I type in as “Handle”

I PMed you access, sorry I forgot I had it private while working on it.

Hi,
please, try to open file components/com_scheduler/codebase/dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php and modify it like here:

protected function replaceHostInURL($url) {
		return $url;
		$url_parsed = parse_url($url);
		$host = $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'];
		$url = preg_replace("/".preg_quote($url_parsed['host'])."/", $host, $url, 1);
		return $url;
	}

About event creating - I’m still not sure if we understand each other.
So you want to set some default text for event when user create it (by double-click on scheduler area for example), isn’t it?
If so then you should modify your code like here:

<script>
scheduler.attachEvent('onEventCreated', function(event_id){
   var event = scheduler._events[event_id];
   event.handle = 'Some handle text';
});
</script>

If I’m wring then please describe in details what do you mean (user clicks there, he sees this value in this field, clicks save and event is saved).

Doing this completely broke it, as you can see if you login and take a look yourself.

I shall try to explain what I want with pictures:

First this:
9thsword.org/schedule1.jpg
Then this:
9thsword.org/schedule2.jpg

Hi,
it looks like something else broken your scheduler.
Are you sure that you didn’t do any other changes in dhtmlxSchedulerConfigurator.php?

To show text of handle for event you should modify templates at ‘Templates’ tab in scheduler admin panel.

scheduler.templates.event_text = function(start,end,event) {
    return event.handle;
}
scheduler.templates.event_bar_text=function(start,end,event) {
    return "<span title=+event.text+>" + event.handle + "</span>";
}

I uninstalled and reinstalled. I now got the “handle” text to work, I had to use the default text field that was there.

But no, I have made no other changes except the ones you told me. I still get the error, or no saving events without the change.

Hi,
could you provide me ability to edit scheduler files via FTP?

Im sorry it took so long to respond, real life got really hectic. I am PMing you a pword and login straight to the com_scheduler folder

bump? :slight_smile: