Agenda events disappear with version 3.5 & Terrace skin

Hello,

I recently applied your new Terrace skin and version 3.5 of Scheduler to my project.

However, the Agenda events no longer appear. I switch back to old skin and version of Scheduler, and the events appear just fine. The only difference is the DHTMLx javascript and css files. Do you know of this bug? I have traced the code all the way through and the events are sent correctly as XML to scheduler.load() function, but no events appear.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I currently use most of your DHTMLx products and I’m just starting to use the DHTMLx Touch products. They work very well and I appreciate what you all have created.

Jake

Hello,

Do you try it in your project or our sample?

For example take scheduler\samples\03_extensions\03_agenda_view.html and edit its’ included files:

[code]

[/code] That works fine locally.

Kind regards,
Ilya

This is in my project. These are my includes from 3.5:

<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.css"/>
<link href="codebase/dhtmlxscheduler_dhx_terrace.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<script src="codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_pdf.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_dhx_terrace.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_agenda_view.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_timeline.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_grid_view.js" type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"></script>

These are my includes from the original version of Scheduler I was using:

<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="../../codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.css"/>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../codebase/dhtmlxscheduler.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../codebase/ext/ext_tooltip.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../codebase/ext/ext_agenda_view.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_timeline.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="../../codebase/ext/dhtmlxscheduler_pdf.js"></script>

The src tags are fine - they point to different locations of codebase for the two different versions. The original version uses the Sky Blue skin.

Here are my scheduler init options:

scheduler.config.multi_day = true;
scheduler.config.xml_date = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%i";
scheduler.config.scroll_hour = "7";
scheduler.config.show_loading = true;
scheduler.config.start_on_monday = true;
scheduler.config.default_date = "%l %F %j %Y";
scheduler.config.hour_date = "%h:%i %a";
scheduler.config.day_date = "%D, %M %j";
scheduler.config.agenda_start = new Date(2010, 1, 1);
scheduler.templates.tooltip_date_format = scheduler.date.date_to_str("%m/%d/%Y %h:%i %a");
scheduler.config.icons_select = ["icon_details","icon_delete"];
scheduler.config.separate_short_events = true;

There are various events set and divs set up for the scheduler and each button. Like I said, everything worked perfectly prior to 3.5 and the Terrace Skin. I’ve traced the code all the way through and I have 4 tasks which get sent to the scheduler.load() function. The original version displays these tasks and version 3.5 doesn’t. scheduler.load() is the last function call for this, nothing else happens on the page so this has to be where things are breaking. Here’s an example of the way I call it:

scheduler.load(sBaseURL + "/Screens/Schedule/LoadActivities.aspx?sMode=" + sCurrentView + "&sDate=" + sStartDate + "&sCheckedItems=" + sCheckedItems + "&x=" + Math.random() + "&sAuthCode=" + sAuthCode, function () { });

The aspx page returns a list of activities as XML. If there is any more information which might help track down what is happening, I can supply it. I really don’t want to revert back to an earlier version of the scheduler, but I really need the agenda view to work. Thank you for your help.

Hello,

All events on agenda view disappeared or only some of them?
Do they have something common?
Try removing terrace skin - (both css and js) - does it work?
When you load your events - do you actually see them correctly loaded (I mean AJAX call returns correct list with event, you can check it in browser console).
Try calling “scheduler.getEvent(id_of_disappeared_event);” in console
What’s its’ properties?

Kind regards,
Ilya

All events have disappeared.
Removing the Terrace skin has no effect, so it is likely just the update to version 3.5 of the scheduler.
All of the events are correctly sent via XML. Here is the XML data received according to the console, confirmed by stepping through the code:

<data>
<event id="104800">

<start_date>2012-07-14 07:45</start_date>

<end_date>2012-07-14 12:15</end_date>

<text><![CDATA[Appointment: Jake K. Seminar]]></text>

<details><![CDATA[<span><b>Sub Type:&nbsp;&nbsp;</b></span></br><span><b>Status:&nbsp;&nbsp;</b>Open      </span></br></br><span><b>Internal Participant(s):</b></span></br><span>Kantonen, Jake (primary)</span></br></br>]]></details>

<textColor>#1915e5</textColor>

</event> 

<event id="104801">

<start_date>2012-07-10 20:30</start_date>

<end_date>2012-07-10 21:00</end_date>

<text><![CDATA[Appointment: Jake K. Call Joe Johnson]]></text>

<details><![CDATA[<span><b>Sub Type:&nbsp;&nbsp;</b></span></br><span><b>Status:&nbsp;&nbsp;</b>Open      </span></br></br><span><b>Internal Participant(s):</b></span></br><span>Kantonen, Jake (primary)</span></br></br>]]></details>

</event> 

<event id="107328">

<start_date>2012-07-23 04:30</start_date>

<end_date>2012-07-23 05:00</end_date>

<text><![CDATA[Appointment: Jake K. Yup]]></text>

</event> 

<event id="116188">

<start_date>2012-11-14 11:00</start_date>

<end_date>2012-11-14 11:30</end_date>

<text><![CDATA[Call: Jake K. Test]]></text>

</event> 

</data>

Those four events all show up in the previous version of scheduler, but not in version 3.5. When I inspect the code, the events don’t even show up on the page like they do before. It’s like scheduler.load() can’t load the events for some reason and ignores them.

Can you please provide link to your page so I could check it live?

Kind regards,
Ilya

Unfortunately I can’t because our live version is still running the older scheduler. I can’t publish the latest version live until this bug is fixed. Is there anything else I can provide you with?

The only other thing I can think of is how the scheduler interacts with the XML and something is incorrect now with the XML and the latest version.

Do you have any other ideas which might prevent the scheduler from loading the XML? I really want to use version 3.5 and all the new features, but the task tab is extremely important to my site.

Hello,

Thank you for cooperation, and sorry that can’t provide answer straight away.
Let’s take step back. Please save your events in an xml file and try to load it in our agenda view sample (03/03_agenda_view.html). Are they displayed there?

Best regards,
Ilya

I loaded the events into the sample, and they are not displayed. Obviously something in the XML is preventing the events from being displayed correctly. The XML worked in the previous version but not this version. Do you know what is preventing the XML from working with version 3.5?

Hello,

Events are not displayed in the sample view because they do not fall in the time frame. I believe the same issue is on your page as well.

Specify following before scheduler.init:

scheduler.config.agenda_start = new Date(2012, 0, 1); scheduler.config.agenda_end = new Date(2014, 0, 1);
With this we are displaying events starting from 2012 till 2014 year. It’s possible to make timeframes smaller or even add ability to navigate between them (using arrow icons at the top).

Kind regards,
Ilya

Alright, I will add the end date and let you know if this fixes the issue. We had a start date already. I’m guessing there’s a default end date if one isn’t specified? Thanks for all your help!

Problem solved! You’re a godsend Ilya :smiley:

Thanks so much!