Blocked Time and updateEvent

Hi All,

I am a newbie here but very much enjoying dhtmlx scheduler.

At the moment I am working on a scheduler with multiple resources that may have some time blocked (I use blockTime for this). I have added a popup dialog that allows a user to move an event from one resource to another, simply by picking the resource from a list. This allows moving events quickly without changing the actual time of the event.

To move the event I assign it the id of the section (resource) it needs to move to and call scheduler.updateEvent, then save the data away in the database. That all works fine. However, if there is time blocked in the resource I am trying to move the event to it simply places it there regardless, while if I were to do the same thing with drag and drop it will not allow this to happen (the event is automatically moved back to its original position).

How can I get the same functionality / validation to occur as when the user uses drag and drop? Is there some validation routine I can call that can help me prevent events to be moved to blocked time? I tried “checkCollision” but that does not seem to give me what I need.

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi,
this this method
docs.dhtmlx.com/scheduler/api__s … ation.html

That works a treat!

Thank you very much for your help :slight_smile: