calendar layout

Hi,

I had said the following of my details form: the bottom is cut off because it is too large for the screen. I’m not sure if I can make it draggable…or resize to fit the screen?

You had responded: Right now lightbox has fixed size and is not draggable. It will be displayed directly in the center of the viewing area in the upcoming version though.

I have scheduler.xy.margin_top = 200; so unless I switch to full screen or reduce my view size, I am not able to use the details form because the save, cancel and delete buttons are off the screen. I can’t expect users to work around this…when will the upcoming version be released and will it address this issue?

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry to keep writing on this issue (last posting, above), but I am not sure how to proceed, and if it is not resolved, it will make the calendar almost unusable to me as I cannot expect everyone to work around the size of the details form. I am wondering if you have had a chance to read my post and if you have any suggestions on how I can work around this problem.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am sorry for the late response.

Try including dhtxmlscheduler_debug.js instead of dhtmlxscheduler.js to your page and make following changes to it:

1. Locate
scheduler.showCover=function(box){

Change whole function declaration with:

[code]scheduler.showCover=function(box){
this.show_cover();
if (box){
box.style.display=“block”;

var scroll_top = window.pageYOffset||document.body.scrollTop||document.documentElement.scrollTop;
	var scroll_left = window.pageXOffset||document.body.scrollLeft||document.documentElement.scrollLeft;

if(document.documentElement.scrollHeight > document.body.offsetHeight) 
		box.style.top=Math.round(scroll_top+(document.body.offsetHeight-box.offsetHeight)/2)+"px";
	else 
		box.style.top=Math.round(((document.body.offsetHeight-box.offsetHeight)/2) + 9)+"px";
	if(document.documentElement.scrollWidth > document.body.offsetWidth) 
		box.style.left=Math.round(scroll_left+(document.body.offsetWidth-box.offsetWidth)/2)+"px";
	else 
		box.style.left=Math.round((document.body.offsetWidth-box.offsetWidth)/2)+"px";
}

};[/code]
2. Locate

scheduler.show_cover=function(){

Change whole function declaration with:

scheduler.show_cover=function(){ this._cover=document.createElement("DIV"); this._cover.className="dhx_cal_cover"; this._cover.style.height = document.documentElement.scrollHeight + 'px'; this._cover.style.width = document.documentElement.scrollWidth + 'px'; document.body.appendChild(this._cover); };
This is an updated version of functions which will be included in the upcoming version. With this lightbox should be displayed directly in the middle of the current view area.
Now if you lightbox form height is greater then user’s resolution then it still won’t be displayed correctly. In such case you probably might want to create your custom lightbox form.

Best regards,
Ilya

Yes, it’s still a problem. My resolution is pretty high and in the non-expanded view of the calendar the lightbox still gets cut off. I have added a text field, a checkbox, and a pull-down menu and I’m using recurring events…

Could you direct me to documentation on creating a custom form?

Thanks.

Also, if I create a custom form, can I still use the existing recurring and time sections from the details form?

Also, if I create a custom form
You can use all functionality of the scheduler, but you need to have custom UI for time and recurring mode inputs.

samples\02_customization\16_custom_form.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ustom_form

Hello,

Let’s clarify this point — does it work differently in the expanded mode? It shouldn’t be.
Please check screenshot i’ve attached: it is 1024x600 viewport, margin_top = 200. Lightbox form is displayed in the center of the viewport but indeed if i open recurring section now then lightbox won’t fit on the screen.
If your lightbox form normally fits on the screen and the problem lies only in the recurring section when i believe it would be possible to attach another event to the ‘Disabled’ button to reposition lightbox.

Best regards,
Ilya

So I’m not sure what changed between yesterday evening and this morning, but now, even at lower resolutions, the details form fits on the screen, even with the recurring section expanded! I’m pretty sure I had already tried that.

So I have updated by debug file, and can/will do the same for the regular .js file, unless the new release is in the near future and there will be additional bug fixes I should look out for.

Thanks!