calendar layout

I would like to include the calendar onto a page with a header - so it can have the full width of the page, but not the full height. As a result, the bottom part of the calendar is not viewable. Is there a way to adjust the height so that the main part of the calendar fits within a shorter space and uses its scroll bar to display the remainder of the calendar?

There is no documentation on the use of dhtmlxlayout.js and dhtmlxcontainter.js, so I have not had an easy time figuring out how to limit height.

Thanks.

Add the next line before the scheduler’s init

scheduler.xy.margin_top = 100;//set you header height here

Great, thanks! I am still getting funny rendering on the monthly view with the time of an appointment being to the left of the line for that day and the weekdays not lining up with the grid of the calendar (see attachement).

Also, is there a way to modify the location where the tooltip pops up? Mine is popping up significantly below and to the right of an event I hover over so that if I hover over events towards the bottom of the screen, the pop-up is not visible on the screen…

Thanks.

Sorry to keep adding on…on a similar note, when I open the details form (I have added several fields - checkbox, additional text, recurring, time with minical), the bottom is cut off because it is too large for the screen. I’m not sure if I can make it draggable…or resize to fit the screen?

Thanks.

Hello,

Is the same issue occurs in the scheduler’s samples?
Do you attach your own CSS files (this may be causing the conflict)?
Can you please make a full sample where issue could be reproduce and attach it here or make it accessible on the internet.

Are you using our tooltip extension? We will look into this issue.

Right now lightbox has fixed size and is not draggable. It will be displayed directly in the center of the viewing area in the upcoming version though.

Best regards,
Ilya

Thanks Ilya. Yes, I am attaching other CSS files, so I will look into a possible conflict. I have included the following at the top of the page, which I assumed would override any of these styles:

html, body {
	margin:0px;
	padding:0px;
	height:100%;
	overflow:hidden;
}	

Unfortunately my site is in a password protected environment, so I cannot give you access.

I am using tooltip.js and ext.css files. When can I expect the upcoming version to be released?

Thanks.

So I solved the css conflict and the layout is good. I added the expand to full page feature and noticed that in full screen, the tooltip appears right next to the event I’m hovering over. But in my smaller screen view, it’s still far off to the bottom right…and off screen for any event below half way down the page.

Thanks.

Hello,

What scheduler.xy.margin_top value do you use? I believe tooltip simply ignores it for now.

Best regards,
Ilya

scheduler.xy.margin_top = 200;

Hello,

Try replacing your dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.js file with the attached one.

Best regards,
Ilya
dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.zip (1.69 KB)

Thanks, Ilya. The new file doesn’t seem to solve the tooltip problem…

Hello,

Can you please make a screenshot of your page with the tooltip being half seen?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Ilya

Hi Ilya,

I spoke too soon. your updated js file did alter the behavior of the tooltip pop-up - it is not next to the event rather than several inches away. However, it still gets cut off for events at the bottom of the screen…(see attachement).

Thanks.

I mean to say “it is now” not “it is not”.

Hello,

Please try using updated version from the attachment.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Ilya
dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.zip (1.71 KB)

Thanks, Ilya. This file flipped the problem. So now the tooltip is popping up to the top left instead of the bottom right, so it is cut off for appointments at the top of the calendar. I noticed that in the demo, which is full screen (I have width/height set to 100% but a top margin of 200), the tooltip pops up to the top when appt. is at the bottom of the screen, and to to bottom if the appointment is at the top of the screen, so it never gets cut off.

Thanks.

Hello,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Updated version in the attachment.
If it still won’t work for you can you please specify your browser and create a sample with the same page layout.

Best regards,
Ilya
dhtmlxscheduler_tooltip.zip (1.71 KB)

Hi Ilya,

here’s another screenshot. Any appointments in the left column or top row of dates will have the tooltip cut off. I am using Firefox 3.6.3 on Mac OS 10.6.

Thanks.

Ilya,

I guess it takes several refreshes before the new .js file takes effect - the tooltip is working great now! Thanks!