Can not save changes to scheduler in the back end.

I am using Joomla 1.6 and scheduler version 2.3. We love how the extension works on the frontend of Joomla, but any changes we make to the configuration in the backend results with the below error.

There was error during configuration saving. Last stable configuration restored.
Error report saved to “com_scheduler_log.xml”

We have install the schedulter component into two seperate installs of joomla 1.6 with the same results.

Any ideas what might me causing this?

Thanks

Hi
I guess that restore button pressing will fix this message, but reset your config.
If you have a lot of specific options and wish to save your config you may try script from attachment which will restore your last stable config and prevent warning appearing.
You have to configure database connection in this script.
scheduler_restore.zip (466 Bytes)

I also forgot to mention that any changes made in setting are not saved. If I try to change the default Modes to Day, or if I try to change the Size, or any of these settings I receive the error

"There was error during configuration saving. Last stable configuration restored.
Error report saved to “com_scheduler_log.xml”

and the settings are lost. I have not made any changes to our configuration because our Scheduler install is brand new and no configuration settings will save.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.
It seems some error occur during saving config.
Try to save config.
After that, please, execute the follow request:

SELECT value from {prefix}scheduler_options WHERE name='scheduler_xml';

where prefix is your database prefix.
Post the result here or send me to PM, please.