Cell Content

Is there an easy way to change the cells content without using attachURL(url) or attachObject(obj).

I’ve tried to do dhxLayout.cells( ‘c’ ).innerHTML which totally removes the heading.
I can see that dhxLayout.cells( ‘c’ ) refers to the td.dhtmlxLayoutSinglePoly.

right now, i’m using jQuery to traverse down to the inner div of div.dhxcont_global_content_area.

I’ve look around your forums and the documentation. It seems like you folks are doing a good job of explaining the more complicated functionality but seem to leave out the simple things.

also, when you have a function called setText, it usually makes me think that it would update the contents of a cell, not the header of the cell. i dont know, maybe setHeaderText( ), hmmmmm???

BTW, good job on making it easy to integrate your components together.
I love functionality like dhxLayout.cells( ‘a’ ).attachGrid( ); and its ease of use.

How about making it easy to update the contents of a cell, without having to resort to
a http request or using DOM objects? Like making an API functionality to update, like setText( ) to update the string contents of the cell.

Hi,

you may use the following to change iframe href:

var cell = layout,cells(cellId); if (!cell._frame) { cell.attachURL(url); } else { cell._frame.window.contentDocument.location.href = url; }

attachHTMLString(str) can be used to set html string as a content:

cell.attachHTMLString(str);

when you have a function called setText, it usually makes me think that it would update the contents of a cell, not the header of the cell. i dont know, maybe setHeaderText( ), hmmmmm???

We won’t change existent API. A lot of customers use it as is.