Change Calendar Field Date Format

Hello,

I have a grid that is bound to a form similar to the “Your First App” Tutorial.
However i need the dates selected in the form to appear in YYYY-MM-DD | 2017-05-10 format.
Currently when I submit the form to the grid the format becomes the following:

Thu Apr 20 2017 00:00:00 GMT+1000 (AUS Eastern Standard Time)

My Form is generated from the following XML File:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
    <item type="settings"  	inputWidth="220"  		position="label-left"  	labelWidth="110"/>
    <item type="input"  	label="Units"   		name="Qty"    			offsetLeft="15"/>
    <item type="input"  	label="Tool Code"       name="ToolCode"    		offsetLeft="15"/>
	<item type="input"  	label="Notes"       	name="Notes"    		offsetLeft="15"			rows="5"/>
	<item type="calendar"  	label="Date of Issue"  	name="Date"    			offsetLeft="15"/>
	<item type="input"  	label="Signature"       name="Signature"    	offsetLeft="15"/>
    <item type="button" 	value="Submit"   		offsetTop="15" 			offsetLeft="230"/>
</items>

And is added to the page by the following:

InputForm = layout.cells("c").attachForm();
			InputForm.loadStruct("data/form.xml");
			InputForm.setCalendarDateFormat("Date", "%Y-%m-%d", "%Y-%m-%d");
			InputForm.bind(toolRegister);

InputForm.attachEvent("onButtonClick", function(name){
				InputForm.save();
			});

var dpg= new dataProcessor ("data/toolsCustom.php");
			dpg.init(toolRegister);

The Grid is initialised with the following:

var toolRegister = layout.cells("b").attachGrid();
			toolRegister.setHeader("ID,Emp Code,Tool/Equipment,Units,Tool Code,Notes,Date of Issue,Signature");   //sets the headers of columns
			toolRegister.setColumnIds("ID,Employee,Tool,Qty,ToolCode,Notes,Date,Signature");  //sets the columns' ids
			toolRegister.setInitWidths("80,100,300,100,100,350,150,200");   //sets the initial widths of columns
			toolRegister.setColAlign("left,left,left,left,left,left,left,left");     //sets the alignment of columns
			toolRegister.setColTypes("ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro,ro");               //sets the types of columns
			toolRegister.setColSorting("int,str,str,int,str,na,date,na");  //sets the sorting types of columns
			toolRegister.attachHeader(",,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter,#text_filter");
			toolRegister.setDateFormat("%Y-%m-%d","%Y-%m-%d");

toolRegister.load("data/toolsCustom.php");
			toolRegister.init();

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please, try to add the following code to your form initialization:
InputForm.getFormDataA = InputForm.getFormData;
InputForm.getFormData = function(){
InputForm.getFormDataA(true)
}