Change event on setValue

Hello,

When you use setValue method on any form control, then sometimes change event is triggered and sometimes it does not. That is little strange and unintuitive and I have the impression that is coincidence…

Please explain me how change event works, because in your documentation everywhere is explanation Fires on changing the value of a control but in real, input triggers that event, and textarea does not after setValue call.

There is demo that changes value of every form’s control: DHTMLX Snippet Tool
and below is screen with result. true means event was triggered, and false means it did not.

One more fact; If the combo has multiselection enabled, then change is fired when setValue is called, but is not otherwise. Nonsense.

Is the DHTMLX Suite product maintained and supported, or is it abandoned?

Could you try to put your update code inside awaitRedraw and try?

dhx.awaitRedraw().then(function () {
                           //  your update code
                                                        });

It doesn’t make any difference. I see in the source code of the suite that it was written in such a way that sometimes the event is triggered and sometimes not, so nothing will help here, rather the authors should fix it.

I think DHTMLX does not care about their products very well. Question is their approach will be improved in the future or rather users that bought suite will stay without support?

I apologize for the delay with the replay.
Thank you for your report. The problem was confirmed. We’ll try to fix it in one of the future updates.
I’ll inform you about any update on this issue.

Hello.

We updated the change event behaviour in the latest dhx.Suite update (v8.3.5).
Now the change event occurs only if the control value was actually changed.
You can test it in your original snippet.
Please, download the latest available dhx.Suite build from your client’s area to get this fix.
Thank you for your report.
Best regards.