Changing the colour of a task based on a property

Hello

I am interested in buying the gantt chart but i need to make sure it meets my requirements.

I recently asked a question as to whether it would be possible to add yes/no checkboxes as custom columns. I would also like to be able to change the colour of the task in the calendar based on the values of some of the columns e,g, make it red if it is overdue or make it green if one of the checkboxes is checked/unchecked

Please can you advise if this functionality is possible and if so , direct me to a tutorial or documentation showing me how.

Thanks very much in advance for your help

Hi,
you can do it using a template function for css class of the task element

docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/api__gantt … plate.html

Hi

Do you have any working examples of this please? Or if not is it possible to provide a quick example as i am only trying to evalualte the product to decide whether to buy it or not. I do not want to have to learn the product’s api before i decide to buy it.

By the way I have often found errors in the documentation :frowning:

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me

Regards

Hi

Ive achieved this now thanks

Hi,
there are several examples in the gantt package, that demonstrates this functionality. They also available online at docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/
For example
docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/04 … tyles.html
docs.dhtmlx.com/gantt/samples/05 … utton.html

Feel free to post details here or in comments under the article, we’ll do our best to fix these errors