Chart loading from XML - Want to make a Christmas present!

I would like to create a series line chart and single line chart from XML but I cannot seem to get it working. Could someone point me in the right direction for some working code that I might learn from? I’ve looked around the forum and an admin posted a file in response to somebody else but I loaded up the file and no lines load into the chart!!! Even though the files look good…I would love to make this part of a christmas present for somebody who needs it so if anyone has any code examples, or know where I can find them, of a single line chart and/or a series line chart loading from XML file I would love to see it!

Namaste,
-Ray-

Hi,

here is the sample with series of bar charts and xml loading (xml format is the same of all chart types)
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15615

The examples of line chart and line series could be found in the chart package:

dhtmlxChart/samples/05_line_chart/01_init.html
dhtmlxChart/samples/05_line_chart/05_series.html

Lol! That’s the file that doesnt work. I unzipped it, uploaded it, and when I went to the page it was blank…am i missing something?

Namaste,
Ray

Do you open html page by webserver (http:// … )?
This sample works correctly

I hate to be dense but this just isn’t working for me…I tried it server side and it fired right up but now I can’t get it to convert to a line graph from the bar graph…what do i need to do to turn the example into a line graph from XML?

Thanks! I’m still hoping to get it done by tomorrow!

Namaste,
-Ray-

Here is the “line” chart demo. We’ve changed view property ( “bar”->“line”) and used “line”, “item” properties to define chart style (instead of “color” )
charts.zip (32.3 KB)