Column Resizing

Hi,

I need some clarification regarding the behaviour of DHTML TreeGrid column resizing.

Setting the treegrid columns width using the setInitWidths api and giving fixed width to each column allows column resizing to work perfectly.
But if we set columns width as follows(using a * for a particular column) then resizing doesn’t work properly.
For example, treeGrid.setInitWidths(“200,200,*,200”);

Please clarify on this behaviour.

Thanks,
Anitha

Column with size set as * will ignore resizing attempts and set its size automatically ( will take all free space in the grid )

Hi,

Resizing in the sense keeping the mouse cursor over each column headers left or right edge and clicking and dragging left or right and adjusting the column width. When I am doing this for my treegrid whose columns width are set as follows treeGrid.setInitWidths(“200,200,*,200”);, then resizing doesn’t work properly(particularly when the cursor is over the right edge for the column whose width is * and when we try to move towards right) and most important I am not even getting a horizontal scrollbar when a particular column width exceeds the total grid width.

But everything works fine when i use the api as treeGrid.setInitWidths(“200,200,200,200”).

Thanks,
Anitha

When column size defined as “*” it prevents direct column resizing - it will set its size automatically ( take all free space ), which will result in behavior, which you had describe above.

If you need to have a different behavior, you can define initial width of columns in percents, or use auto-width mode ( grid.enableAutoWidth(true) )

Hi,

As you said in the previous thread,

“There will be unexpected behavior when column size is defined as ‘*’.”

Whether this issue has been fixed in dhtmlxTreeGrid v.2.6 Professional.

Regards,
Anitha