Combo Box in DHTMLX Grid

I have a Grid with 4 columns. 2nd Colum is of type Combo.
When adding a new row, i am able to integrate Combo box successfully within the Grid (see code below)

dhxGrid.setColTypes("ed,combo,ed,ed");
combo = dhxGrid.getColumnCombo(1);
combo.loadXML("xml/data.xml");
dhxGrid.addRow((new Date()).valueOf(),[0,'Select Value ...','-1','-1'],dhxGrid.getRowIndex(dhxGrid.getSelectedId()));

Contents of data.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" ?> <complete> <option value="1">!one</option> <option value="2">!two</option> <option value="3">!three</option> <option value="4">!four</option> <option value="5">!five</option> <option value="6">!six</option> <option value="7">!seven</option> <option value="8">!eight</option> <option value="9">!nine</option> <option value="10">!ten</option> </complete>

However, i get the message “Undefined Index: mask” when i try to do the same using a php file.
Below is the code:

dhxGrid.setColTypes("ed,combo,ed,ed");
combo = dhxGrid.getColumnCombo(1);
combo.loadXML("php/data.php");
dhxGrid.addRow((new Date()).valueOf(),[0,'Select Value ...','-1','-1'],dhxGrid.getRowIndex(dhxGrid.getSelectedId()));

The contents of data.php file are:

[code]<?php
header(“Content-type:text/xml”);
ini_set(‘max_execution_time’, 7000);
require_once(‘php/config.php’);
print("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"ISO-8859-1\"?>");

$link = mysql_pconnect($mysql_host, $mysql_user, $mysql_pasw);
$db = mysql_select_db ($mysql_db);

if (!isset($_GET["pos"])) $_GET["pos"]=0;

$sql = "Select * from RandomWords";
$res = mysql_query ($sql);

getDataFromDB($_GET["mask"]);
mysql_close($link);

function getDataFromDB($mask){
	$sql = "SELECT DISTINCT item_nm FROM RandomWords Where item_nm like '".mysql_real_escape_string($mask)."%'";
	$sql.= " Order By item_nm LIMIT ". $_GET["pos"].",100";

if ( $_GET["pos"]==0)
		print("<complete>");
	else
		print("<complete add='true'>");
	$res = mysql_query ($sql);
	if($res){
		while($row=mysql_fetch_array($res)){
			print("<option value=\"".$row["item_nm"]."\">");
			print($row["item_nm"]);
			print("</option>");
		}
	}else{
		echo mysql_errno().": ".mysql_error()." at ".__LINE__." line in ".__FILE__." file<br>";
	}
	print("</complete>");
}

?>[/code]

How can i get this functionality to work? In this case, i have to get the data for the combo box dynamically from a mySQL table. Thanks in advance.

However, i get the message “Undefined Index: mask” when i try to do the same using a php file.
This issue isn’t related dhtmlxGrid and dhtmlxCombo as you are using custom PHP code on the server side.
To simplify server side operation related DHTMLX components you can try to use dhtmlxConnectors extension. Please find more information here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ndex.shtml
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ns_in_grid