combo_excell Help!

I am having difficulty getting the combo to work in my grid. I’m currently using the professional edition. I have included the below files;
/dhtmlxgrid/dhtmlxcombo.js
/dhtmlxgrid/dhtmlxgrid_excell_combo.js

set the col type to combo(tried co and coro also), and tried to add dummy data to the column using the following javascript;

var combo = mygrid.getCombo(9);
combo.put(1, “One”);
combo.put(2, “Two”);
combo.put(3, “Three”);
combo.save();

when i load up the grid and double click on the cell nothing happens.

What am I missing?

Many thanks in advance

Ive tried enabling edit events as shown below and have also made sure that the combo.css is being pulled down by the browser.
mygrid.enableEditEvents(false, true, false);
Any ideas?

Please check this tutorial docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=dhtm … ll_combo&s[]=combo

Hi,
Thanks for the tutorial pointer. I have loaded the the following code into an xml file.

<column width=“150” type=“combo” xmlcontent=“1” …>TEXTone
two
three

I have set the column type to “combo”, and after the grid has initialized i get the column combo object and attempt to load the combo data.
combo = mygrid.getColumnCombo(columnIndex);
combo.loadXml(“path/to/xml/data/file.xml”);

When the grid loads nothing happens when i double click on any combo column cell,i dont see the options defined in the xml data file. Any ideas?

Please check working example here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … combo.html

We are parsing our grid using json. Can this be the reason why I am unable to get the combo dropdown to work in our grid?
Do you have to be loading the grids data via XML in able to to use the exCell combo type?

The working example you reffered to loads the grids data using XML. I have tried getting the combo column object and calling loadXML on that passing in the column block that was in the tutorial you referred to in your initial response.

Is it possible for us to maintain parsing the grid using json, and also load up a columns combo options using XML?

Do you have to be loading the grids data via XML in able to to use the exCell combo type?
No, it’s no necessary.

I have tried getting the combo column object and calling loadXML on that passing in the column block that was in the tutorial you referred to in your initial response.
Please check if you are trying to get combo object only after all rows are loaded:

grid.load(url,function(){ var combo=grid.getColumnCombo(index) combo.loadXML(url) },"json")

Is it possible for us to maintain parsing the grid using json, and also load up a columns combo options using XML?
Unfortunately it impossible to load grid configuration from JSON format