Combo filter in header displays the KEY instead of the VALUE

I have a grid with combo filters in the columns. Each combo filter represents (key,value) pair with available options to choose from.

In the grid cell when u select from the combo it display the chips with the VALUE but in the header the chips are displayed with the IDs instead. This happens when you select some element from the combo dropdown list!

https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/9mufeyf4

1 Like

This happens when u try to interact with the filter combo BEFORE u have clicked on some of the cells in the column. If u once click on a cell and display the dropdown menu then the header filter behaves as expected.

THIS DHTMLX PRODUCT IS REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BUGGY!!!

Is somebody reading this forum? I have submited this BUG almost TWO WEEKS AGO!!!

Since v. 7.2.5 u are trying to make it work. Put the vodka away and finally fix this (key, value) dropdown.

Thank you for your report. The problem is confirmed. We’ll try to fix it in one of the future updates.
I’ll inform you here about any progress on this issue.

Hello Nikolai.

We have fixed your reported problem in the latest dhx.Suite update (v7.3.11).
You can check it in your original snippet.
Please, try to download the latest available build to get that fix.
Thank you for your report.

@sematik
YOU HAVENT FIXED IT!!!

When there is more than one value in some of the grid cells it doesn’t work!!!

https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/mhdw530u

You guys are a COMPLETE JOKE!!!
I wouldn’t act this disrespectful if this joke product was named some random name BUT u named it dhtmlx SEVEN !!! and this tricks people into thinking that its NEXT LEVEL after version 5.

Seriously! SERIOUSLY!!! FIX THIS RIDICIOUS DROP DOWN key - value thing.

SINCE THREE MONTHS I AM SUBMITING BUGS RELATED TO IT!!!

Still waiting to fix ur buggy grid!!!

Placing several options to the grid cell value don’t forget to add the space between the options:
https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/uwqaq2ec
Like in the example here:

IT DOESN’T WORK!!!

https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/luoydoil

You can check the link above and see that when the grid dataset is parsed outside of the grid’s constructor config object it doesn’t work!!!

grid.data.parse(dataset);

Only after u edit some of the cells value then the header dropdown displays the actual labels instead of the values.

ALSO!!!

It COMPLETELY doesn’t work when u change the column editable property to false. It displays the IDs in the cells instead of the labels u have assigned for these IDs so take the vodka away from ur dev team and SERIOUSLY!!! FIX!!! THIS ISSUE!!!

In case your team doesn’t have the capacity to develop such product pls put with big letters on the front page that this is Alfa version and have nothing in common with dhtmlx 5. Also having the number 7 tricks people believing that its improved version of previous releases and this is really not cool!

This is still not working!!!

When you change the columns’ editable property to false it displays KEYS IN THE CELL INSTEAD OF VALUES!!!

Since SEPTEMBER last year i have submitted this RIDICIOUS BEHAVIOUR!!!

Here is the a snippet:

https://snippet.dhtmlx.com/8yqun8hr

disabling the editor with the editable: false you are disabling its functionality. The same thing you can see with the checkbox column (boolean) and editable: false.

Could you please, clarify what is a purpose of defining the select editor and disabling its edit?

“Could you please, clarify what is a purpose of defining the select editor and disabling its edit?”

In real world applications it is a very common case.

You may have a requirement to disable the editing of the grid column based on many factors. Here are some of them:

1. The current user doesn’t have editing permission (for some of the columns or the whole grid).
  2. The editing is temporary disabled at the moment because of some state which is based on input value outside of the grid but on the same page.

I am sure u can think of many more.

And most importantly - sometimes during development u want to disable the editing functionality till some bug is fixed on the backend and having to putting additional logic inside beforeEditStart event is not intuitive.

Very soon it becomes very ugly!!!

if(col.id === 'somethign1') {
 if(disableEdit === true) {
 }
}

Also if another developer, who has never opened dhx suite documentation, has to disable the editing, the most intuitive thing he will do is to change the editable property. And later realize that the grid is behaving weird and wondering what happened. And it may takes hours…

“The same thing you can see with the checkbox column (boolean) and editable: false.”

I am sure that the forum is bombarded with questions about why the grid is behaving not according to the developer’s expectations because of this RIDICIOUS approach of the API.

In such usecase a better solution will be to block the edit process for the certain conditions from the beforeEditStart event: