#combo_filter in header

Hi,

I use the #combo_filter in the attachHeader but it is realy small.
Is there a way to make it wider?

A second problem I have is with a all the filters.
I have a column that contains link and only shows the number of the report. If I use the text_filter and search for the number 20, it filters out all the 20’s but also all the cells that contains a “20” in the url.

This is in the XLS to load in the grid.
For security reasons I removed some of the url.
The @NAME can contain for example “OVERTIME_2008_2014”

^http://......../LRF/XMLWeb/ProcessDescriptor/descriptor/Secure/security.xml?NAME_VALUE=^_blank

I use the #combo_filter in the attachHeader but it is realy small.
Is there a way to make it wider?
Could you clarify your problem, as the combo_filter width is similat to the width of other in-header filters and depends on the column width.

I have a column that contains link and only shows the number of the report. If I use the text_filter and search for the number 20, it filters out all the 20’s but also all the cells that contains a “20” in the url.
Unfortunately the default filters work with the value of the cell only.
You may try to add the following code after the init of the grid to change the behavior of the filter for the required column:

myGrid.getFilterElement(column_index)._filter = function(){ var input = this.value; return function(value, id){ var val=myGrid.cells(id,column_index).getContent(); if (val.toLowerCase().indexOf(input.toLowerCase())!==-1){ return true; } return false; } }

http://imgur.com/eclf01G

This is what I mean.
This is the code I use to init the grid.

myGrid2 = myTabbar.tabs(“a3”).attachGrid();
myGrid2.setHeader(“Report Number, DESCRIPTION, SUBTOPIC”);
myGrid2.setInitWidths(’,,*’);
myGrid2.setColAlign(“center, center, center”);
myGrid2.setColTypes(“link,ro,ro”);
myGrid2.setColSorting(“int,str,str”);
myGrid2.attachHeader(’,#combo_filter,#combo_filter’);
myGrid2.init();
myGrid2.enableSmartRendering(true,50);
myGrid2.load(“http://…/LRF/XMLWeb/ProcessDescriptor/descriptor/Vanlandschoot/ConfigNewReport/grid_report_vs_subtopic.xml”);

Hi,

Most probably you have some other CSS on the page which causes the issue.
The same code, when used as a separate page, works correctly for me, please check snippet.dhtmlx.com/3f572e4c0

Hey first of all best wishes for the year 2017.

We do not use another css file. If I copy the code to the snippets it works fine.

In the firm I work there are several devisions and I was able to get a part of the DHTMLX 5 Pro version. (we still use the 4.0.1 Pro version)
If I use Version 5 the combobox is indeed the same widht as the collumn.

So I guess there is maybe an old bug or so.
Anyway we will leave it as it is now.

Just found out something else,

The problem is just with the combo_filter. All other filters is auto witdh with the column

Hi,

If you have a support subscription, please open a ticket at support.dhtmlx.com and attach your version of dhtmlx.js ( dhtmlxgrid.js if you are using separate js files ). We can backport fix for the combo size into your version of the component.