Combo in grid and name/value problem

There is a coulm in my grid defined as “combo” and filed by outside XML source that has name/value pairs.

Value is show in grid, but name is send to server (eg. ‘AL’ -‘Alabama’ will show Alabama but send AL’).

Im using DataProcesor in POST mode and manual update.

New rows has corrected values of combo fields (‘AL’), but updated rows where combo column was not modified has wrong value - name is send instead of value (eg. ‘Alabama’ instead ‘AL’)

please help

When loading initial data in grid , be sure to use values in XML
AL - correct
Alabama - incorrect

My XML source for combo:

Aba
Bcd
Where ‘1’ is name and ‘Aba’ is value.
Every time I need to get name, but some times I get value.

When you loading grid, it maps the current value of cell to the option from combo as
cell_value = option@value

So if you have for combo

Aba
Bcd

grid must have
<row …
1 // not the Aba

in sample file:

dhtmlxGrid\samples\interaction_other_components\gridCombo.xml

I found lines:

one
    two
    three
    four
    five
    six
    seven
    eight
    nine
    ten

So, we have name and values pair ‘1:one’ etc. like in my example

Yes, this is syntax for defining column options. But in addition to this, you have some cell, which has initial value from mentioned list

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten

XML for cell tag has 1 as content and , it will be correctly mapped to the option with value=“1”, and rendered in grid as “One”

So, the value option is for initial purpose only?

In other words: its not possible to use this value as a key in combo?

Value inside cell tag - initial value which can be changed
All grid’s api will work with values only (1), the name (“one”) will be used for rendering only and will not be used in API calls.

If inital value was set incorrectly “One” instead of “1” ( or just a " 1 " ) it will be treated as some custom option, and not mapped to first option of combo.