Combo seems to cache the "mask" forcing user to type longer

Using the combo extension, when user types in the start of a word it filters.
On subsequent events the user has to type 1 more letter than the previous time.

Having checked in Fiddler 2 the combo data source is not even called until the mask is 1 more letter than the last one (with same sequence.

letter typed mask datasource called

s s Yes
o so Yes
r sor Yes

in next event:

letter typed mask datasource called

s s No
o so No
r sor No
t sort Yes

The only way I can advise users to get round this is to refresh the calendar page! I need the mask parameter/variable to clear between events. How do I do that?

did you use clearAll() to the combobox?

Hello,

With is correct. If you have typed ‘a’ and got results with the mask ‘a’ then there is no need to call it again is we have cached results and can display them without additional requests.

I have tried to reproduce this issue: additional requests with the same mask are not called yet filtering for them works correctly.

Best regards,
Ilya

I understand that it is technically correct behaviour out of the box. For my purposes however, I need the “mask” to clear after adding an event. Is there any way of achieving this?

Hello,

Sure.

scheduler.config.lightbox.sections=[ { name:"description", height:50, map_to:"text", type:"textarea", focus:true }, { name:"snack", map_to:"combo_select", type:"combo", image_path: "../../../dhtmlxcombo/codebase/imgs/", script_path: "php/complete.php", cache: false, filtering: true }, { name:"time", height:72, type:"time", map_to:"auto"} ];
Note the false value in cache property.

Best regards,
Ilya