Combo styles

Hello all!
I have this as my heading on two different pages:[code]

<link rel="STYLESHEET" type="text/css" href="Java/dhtmlxForm/codebase/skins/dhtmlxform_dhx_skyblue.css"></link>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Java/dhtmlxForm/codebase/dhtmlxcommon.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Java/dhtmlxForm/codebase/dhtmlxform.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="Java/dhtmlxForm/codebase/ext/dhtmlxform_item_combo.js"></script>

[/code]Trying to use Suite 3.6, on one page I see a very nice combo background color with the selected option highlighted in orange. On the other page I see the options in back and white!
Obviously the question would be how could this be, but in particular:

1. the …common.js should be before or after the “main” component?
  2. is it correct to type STYLESHEET all in capital letters? Does this makes any difference? Generally I find it in lower case, but in your examples it is written in upper case…
    Thanks in advanced for your comments on this!!
    Marco

Hello
Could you provide us a screenshot of this behaviour or demo (demo will be more informative :wink: )?
docs.dhtmlx.com/doku.php?id=othe … leted_demo

Hi Darya, thanks for your reply!
Looking closer to your online samples, I found that you apply skins using dhtmlx.skin = "dhx_skyblue"; Now the color is applied to the combo like I wanted!
Could you please explain to me why you need to apply the skin separately if the combo is in a form that already has that skin?
Please forgive me if this might be a stupid question… :blush:
Is there a list of dhtmlx methods to consult? It could be very interesting reading! :wink:
Thanks again!
Marco

Hello again!
I just found out that the command I talked about above only works in version 3.6…
If you use it in version 3.5, the combos in the form are in color, BUT the calendars loose completely their backgound and borders becoming totaly “trasparent”… you only see the dates…!!
Very, very strange, isn’t it?
Greets,
Marco

Hello Marco,

dhtmlx.skin is the only method to set skin for Combo. Moreover, this approach sets skin for all dhtmlx components. So, you can define “dhx_skyblue” skin once in the beginning and it will be automatically applied to all dhtmlx components on a page.

BUT the calendars loose completely their backgound and borders becoming totaly “trasparent”… you only see the dates…!!

Please check that you included calendar css. Please see sample:

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … endar.html

Hello,
I wanted to let you know that I figured out what the problem was…
I had to place dhtmlx.skin command as the first command in the doOnLoad fuction… This made the calendar “nice and colorful” again along with the combos…! :wink:
Thanks all for your help and patience!
Greets,
Marco