Combobox load xml error character

HI,

I’m using the dhtmlxcombo with filtering mode, where i load the content trough a php file. However, i get the load xml error. when i open the php file. it indicates that whitespace is not allowed at this location. I only get this error in one string where the string contains the “&” character in the combo list.

the following string indicates an whitespace error after the “&” character

Aann.mij. De Vries & v.d. Wiel BV

how to solve this problem?

kind regards,

Nasir

The & is prohibited by XML rules, it must be replaced with &
There are two ways
a) direct escaping
    Aann.mij. De Vries & v.d. Wiel BV

b) using CDATA

Thnx! it worked like a charm.

Hi,

I’m again fasing a problem with illegal chracters in the combobox. I’m using filteringmode and loading data from a php file. The problem i’m fasing is that when i replace strings containing ‘&’ with the & it does not show any load xml error however, when i submit the form it does not pass the option value. i tried checkking the following variable NAME_new_value, but it displays the value true. From what i have read this mean that the value typed does not match any item in the list. But in my case i select the option using the arrow keys which is already in the list. Can u please tell me what a possible soloution to this is?

Thnx!

There are two possible solution

a) use double escaping for & char in XML ( first escaping - to accommodate  XML rules, second for correct HTML rendering )

A & B

b) update dhtmlxcombo.js , comment line 197
    value=value.replace(/&/g,"&")

Hi,

I’m getting a load xml error when i enter a single quote in the dhtmlxcombo. Can you tell me a way to fix this?

Kind Ragrds,

Nasir

Hello,

could you please provide the example of the problematic xml.

Hi,

please see the following situation.

<option value=“28>Akzo Nobel Base Chemicals R’dam</option>

when I type the single quote i get tje load xml error. I use php file to load the data from the database.

King regards,

Nasir

There shouldn’t be issues with this xml…

Try to place the text into CDATA tag. Possibly it’ll help:

It still doesn’t seem to fix the problem. Please find attached a sample of the xml file.

Kind regards,

Nasir

test.xml.zip (1.52 KB)

locally the same xml works.We have attached the sample.
1242294578.zip (17.5 KB)

it seamed that i had old version of the .js files.

thanx!