Copy/Paste from excel or Google sheets copies to single cell

I see previous topics from years ago regarding copy paste from excel but they all appear to be resolved. I am having the same issue again, 2p19, both on your demo pages and my site.

Copy/paste From Demo to Demo WORKING
Copy/paste From Demo to excel WORKING
Copy/paste From Excel to Demo BROKEN

*select multiple cells in excel, ctrl c, select one cell in Demo results in data from 6 cells copied to the 1 cell only
*select multiple cells in excel, ctrl c, select same number of cells in Demo results in data from 6 cells copied to each of the 6 cells. Each of the 6 is filled with the exact same thing (the data from all 6 excel sheets)

Using chrome browser and excel. Google sheets functions the same as excel.

Thank you for your report.
This is the known problem. We’ll try to solve it in the future updates.
For now I can only suggest a workaround with the excel importing to the dhtmlxSpreadsheet:
https://docs.dhtmlx.com/spreadsheet/samples/02_usage/03_import_xlsx.html

Has this still not been fixed? I am interested in buying the product, but without this it would be a deal breaker.

Unfortunately the problem is still actual.

I was going to ask the same thing. Unfortunately, importing Excel files also doesn’t work properly. Without any functional importing/pasting functionality, this library is useless I’m afraid. Pity, I wanted to purchase the commercial version for my site. I do like the documentation and code examples.

And the roadmap of spreadsheet annouce new version 4.0 for autumn 2019 …
we are on June 2020…