Custom duration / column rendering

I have a series of tasks which have duration ZERO - seems the chart wants to render those as ONE which throws off our daily balances and makes things appear buggy.

Can I possibly override the column renderer and just return “N/A” in the case of ZERO days (this happens because the task will take 15 mins and partial days are not required).

Hello @alex_barylski,
As I don’t know how exactly you have configured the gantt chart, so I can miss some details.

Regarding this question:

I have a series of tasks which have duration ZERO - seems the chart wants to render those as ONE which throws off our daily balances and makes things appear buggy.`

If I understand you correctly, the task with “duration: 0” field is displayed as “1day” duration task in a chart, am I right?
This behavior occurs because the gantt is unable to calculate “end_date” for the task with a duration less than the “1” duration unit. It’s unexpected behavior, I sent it to our dev team and they will work on a fix, unfortunately, I can’t give you any ETA.

For now, if you want to have a task with “0” duration, you should store it’s data in the “start_date/end_date” format, so the “0” duration will be calculated correctly.
You can see it in the demo below(DATA tab, Task #1):
http://snippet.dhtmlx.com/5/d3e5c2766

Regarding the displaying duration in the grid:
You can format the displaying content of the column using the template function, like in the following fragment:

gantt.config.columns=[
  {name:"text",       label:"Task name",  tree:true, width:'*' },
  {name:"start_date", label:"Start time", align: "center" },
  {name:"duration",   label:"Duration",   align: "center", template:function(obj)
  {
  if (obj.duration !=  0) return obj.duration
  if (obj.duration === 0 ) return "NaN"
  }},
  {name:"add",        label:"" }
];

When the duration of object is “0” (for example), the column cell will render “NaN” string.

Here is a demo:
http://snippet.dhtmlx.com/5/b19fe3312