custom Excell tree

Hi,

I use the Entreprise version of dhtmxTreeGrid and I try to create a custom Excell tree so it become read only (no editable label field).

First, is there a simpler solution ? I need all the cells of my first column to become non editable, read only tree cells.

I followed instructions from the doc, but the result is not a tree cell, but its more a common ‘ro’ cell. Here is my first attempt code :

function eXcell_rotree(cell)

{

//excell name is defined here

if(cell)

{

//default pattern, just copy it

this.cell = cell;

this.grid = this.cell.parentNode.grid;

eXcell_tree.call(this); //use methods of “tree” excell

}

this.edit = function(){ }

this.detach = function(){ }

};

eXcell_rotree.prototype = new eXcell; // nest all other methods from base class

Reading the source code, I found that the functionnality also reside in the two prototype definitions for setValueA and setValue that are set on the eXcell_tree after its created from the base class. So I tried two different techniques :

My first guess was to subclass from the eXcell_tree class instead of eXcell :

{

…

};

eXcell_rotree.prototype = new eXcell_tree; // nest all other methods from tree class

My second try was to entirely replicate the full eXcell tree definition without changing a byte, except for adding ‘ro’ before tree.

At this point I did not even tried to change the edit() method of the class :

{�};

eXcell_rotree.prototype = new eXcell;

eXcell_rotree.prototype.setValueA = function(content)

{�};

eXcell_rotree.prototype.setValue = function(valAr)

{�};

In both tries, I always run in errors or undefined grid properties (‘this.grid._tgc’ [undefined] is not an object.). My understanding is that all dhtmxTreeGrid additionnal properties are undefined at this point ( _tgc, _h2 ). In my second version, I tried to pre-create thoses properties upfront with some success for _tgc and _h2, but then I run in ‘row’ undefined, and I’m stuck there.

Finally, I gave up and went for the bad and ugly fix - I edited my codebase optimised version of dhtmlxtreegrid.js like this :

this.edit = function(){

// added by …

return;

This is working indeed, but now my solution has no more access to editable tree eXcell.

I would highly prefer a more legit solution with a clean untouched library.

Thank you,

Sebastien

To make “tree” cell not editable you can add following line to the treeGrid init:
treeGrid.enableTreeCellEdit(false)