Custom field displays key instead of label

Hi and thank you for a great WordPress plugin.

I have added a custom field called Category, and I use a select list to define about 20 different categories. They display great on the add/edit event form, and in the event admin list, but out on the calendar in trying to display the category labels using event.category, the display ends up showing the key (i.e., if “category_0” has a label of “My School”, the event.category display shows “category_0” which is meaningless to the visitor.

How to I get the template in event_text to display the custom field’s label instead of its key? Here is the template code I am using:

return "<b> "+event.text+"</b><br>"+"Category:"+event.category;

I hope this makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help!

There is no simple way in existing version, we plan to add it with oncoming release

Also, check
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13708

Thank you very much for your quick reply. Being able to sort events by category, or display events only in a particular category, would be very useful.

My client is a school district with lots of different schools, and they would like to be able to view and print only their events.

Also on my wish list for your plugin is a way to establish ownership for events so users can only edit or delete the events they added to the calendar.

Thank you again for a superb application!

I just used the code to add a “sort by category” feature suggested here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=13708

This works perfectly! Thank you so much. :smiley:

so users can only edit or delete the events they added to the calendar
Already in our plans. Will be included in September’s release.