I have set up 1 custom field, with 4 options from a select list.
Then, I removed all of the regular day, week, month, etc views.
The idea, is to only see my custom fields.
That works fine, but in the control panel, I have set the ‘prevent events overlapping’ and still am allowed to create more than one event at a time (both within each of these options from my custom list, and in each custom items at the same time).
To make it a bit more complicated, this is my end goal:
- There are 4 resources used in my custom view, 2 things, and 2 people.
- I would like to have the option of scheduling any 1 of those things by clicking on it, that works great now (but not allow for more than one of a time for each of those 1 items).
- Also, would like to have an option to select from the lightbox that allows me to schedule an additional thing at the same time (from the dropdown). So for example, if I wanted to schedule the first thing, I could also choose to schedule it with the first person. If either of those 2 things already had the column filled, then it would not allow an additional event to be scheduled at that time and return an error.
It seems the 2 things I need then, and I’m not sure if the scheduler can do this:
- Allowing the choice to pick more than one unit (an additional dropdown I think would be the way to do this if possible) when scheduling
- Making sure that any one of the 4 units can only have one thing scheduled at a time.
Ideals? Or is this possible?