Custom tooltip not working for link type cells

Hello,

My tooltips works just fine on “normal” column types, but not Link types. There I get either the link address or nothing.

Is this a known problem or am I doing something wrong?

Here’s my Init code:

mygrid = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘grid_container’);
mygrid.setImagePath("{{ STATIC_URL }}dhtmlxGrid/dhtmlxGrid/codebase/imgs/");
mygrid.setHeader(“Title,Length,Created,Rating,Description,Rating,Stars,Reviews,Categories,Actors,Directors”);
mygrid.setInitWidths(“200,50,50,50,300,50,50,100,100,100,100”);
mygrid.setColAlign(“left,right,right,right,left,right,right,left,left,left,left”);
mygrid.setColTypes(“link,ro,ro,ed,ro,ro,ro,ro,link,link,link”);
mygrid.setColSorting(“str,int,int,int,str,str,int,str,str,str,str”);
mygrid.enableMultiline(true);
mygrid.setSkin(“dhx_skyblue”); // theme
mygrid.loadXML("/get_program_data/");
mygrid.enableSmartRendering(true);
mygrid.init();
mygrid.enableTooltips(“false,true,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,true,false,”);
mygrid.attachEvent(“onXLE”, setGridCount);
mygrid.attachEvent(“onMouseOver”, onMouseOverActors)
var dp = new dataProcessor(’/update_program_data/’);
dp.init(mygrid);
dp.defineAction(“error_of_datastore”,handle_error_of_datastore);

And here’s the XML file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> {{ total }} {% for i in data %} {{ i.title }} {{ i.length_minutes }} {{ i.created }} {{ i.my_rating }} {{ i.descr }} {{ i.r_rate }} {{ i.s_rate }} {{ i.review }} {{ i.categories }} {{ i.actors_short }} {{ i.directors }} {% endfor %}

Please, try to add:

eXcell_link.prototype.getTitle = eXcell_link.prototype.getContent;

Thanks,

That almost worked. Now it shows the UI text in the tooltip instead of the link address. But I want the tooltip to show what I pass in as title= in the XML file.

Any ideas?

Accordingly to your code where the link column is the first column of your grid you have disabled the tooltips for it:

mygrid.enableTooltips("false,true,false,false,false,false,false,false,false,true,false,");

Please, try to enable the tooltips. In that case the title attribute should work well (it works well for us).
If issue still occurs - please, provide a complete demo to reproduce the issue and provide a proper solution.

Hi,

it was actually the next to last column that was causing problems.

But when I made a small test app it worked!
I traced my problem down to a misspelling in the django code :blush:

Sorry for the false alarm.

Regards
Soren