DataView limitation?

Hi all,

Congratulations for a great set of widget !!

I’m currently developing with the GNU GPL (standard) version of Dhtmlx.
My first try has been to use the dataview widget to display a list of records stored in an MySql table.

My problem is that the DataView is only showing the 35 first records. I’m sure the connector is retrieving correctly all the records (I can check that calling directly the servlet and reading the xml), so it must be the widget that has some kind if limitation.

Is that the case? Is there a special property to set to enable more records to show?
Or is it simply that Standard Edition is “capped”?

thanks a lot for your help

Standard edition of dataview is not limited in any way.
And there is no need to any extra flags to show more records.
Check data feed - does it provide more than 35 records, does each record have unique id property ?

Hi,

Found the problem some time ago. Sorry for not posting it before.

My Dataview is connected to a Java Connector that retrieves data from a MySQL DB.
The issue is coming from the fact that the connector doesn’t espcape special characters when it creates the XML given back to the dataview on client side.

Thus, if the data retrieved contained quotes, the XML is not compliant and the dataView stops rendering when it reaches a node with an open String.

I don’t know if there is a way to instruct the Java connector to escape the retrieved data as I haven’t seen it on the Doc. If it’s not already implemented, perhaps it could be a good idea to do it :wink:

Cheers

We will review and fix the connectors code, as far as I can see it must escape all data ( seems we have missed some case ).