Date not displaying in a dhxCalendar column

I have a rather complex grid and am having a problem getting date data to display. I have added a portion of the code and a portion of the xml below. In row 1, I have dates in the xml. I have defined the whole row as dhxCalendar type. The calendar works fine and the dates are saved, but I can’t get the dates to display.

If you tell me how, I will upload the whole XML file (251 lines) and all of the code (309 lines) and a screen shot of the problem. To much to include here, I think.

Charlie

CODE SNIPIT

bodyg = new dhtmlXGridObject(‘bodygrid’);

bodyg.setImagePath("/grid3/dhtmlxgrid/codebase/imgs/");

bodyg.setColTypes(“ro,ro,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ed,ro”);

bodyg.enableCollSpan(true);

bodyg.loadXML("/grid3/queries/expgrid.cfm?sec=2&fid=#attributes.fid#");

bodyg.attachEvent(“onXLE”,loadBody);

bodyg.enableEditEvents(true,true,true);

bodyg.enableLightMouseNavigation(true);

bodyg.setStyle(“background: white;”, “background: white;”, “background: yellow;”, “background: lime;”)

bodyg.setOnEditCellHandler(doOnCellEdit);

bodyg.setDateFormat("%m/%d/%y");

XML SNIPIT

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Sun

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Charged to Agency

Paid by Employee

Date

06/01/08

06/02/08

06/03/08

06/04/08

06/05/08

06/06/08

City

St Pete1

Hills2

Spring HIll4

Ocala4

Brandon5

Largo6

LOL7

Personal Car

Please try to use attached js file instead of original one ( this is latest version, which has some minor date formating issues resolved )
If problem still occurs for you - please send any kind of sample where issue can be reconstructed to support@dhtmlx.com

>>I have defined the whole row as dhxCalendar type
Not sure , how it was done in your case, but with setRowExcellType - the same XML works correclty locally.

dhtmlxgrid_excell_calendar.zip (13.7 KB)

Found the problem.  There apparently is a bug that makes the setRowExcellType function not work properly if one of the columns in the row is joined with another row.  For instance, I had …

bodyg.setRowspan(0,9,4);
   bodyg.setRowspan(0,10,4);

setRowExcellType(1,“dhxCalendar”)

so, since I had defined a column in row 0 to span 4 rows, that would effect row 1.  Then when I tried to set row 1 to the dhxCalendar type, it wouldn’t work.

I confirmed this was the problem by removing the row span and the row 1 calendar columns worked fine.  I then removed the setRowExcellType(1,“dhxCalendar”) and replaced it with several setCellExcellType and everything works great.  Just thought I would pass this along incase you wanted to fix the bug or to post the limitation so others aren’t fighting through the same problem.

By the way, I like your products VERY much.

Charlie

The problem confirmed ( with current design, the rowspaned section can be accessed only by coordinates of its topmost cell , the row oriented commands will not affect it )
We will try to resolve situation in next version.