Delete slow (free version)

I have a grid that has several thousand entries in it. I want to delete a couple of hundred rows at a time. Currently I have a loop that deletes each row, but it is extremely slow. When I tried to use the enableSmartRendering() I get an error message that the method is not defined. I am using the free version , and the API does not list this method as being only in the Pro version. What should I look at now?

I have a grid that has several thousand entries in it. I want to delete a couple of hundred rows at a time. Currently I have a loop that deletes each row, but it is extremely slow.

If you want to delete all rows from the grid better to use mygrid.clearAll() or enable fast mode:

grid.startFastOperations()
deleting…
grid.stopFastOperations()

You need to include dhtmlxgrid_fast.js. In such mode events are not generated, some time consuming actions applied only once, which allow to increase performance

When I tried to use the enableSmartRendering() I get an error message that the method is not defined. I am using the free version , and the API does not list this method as being only in the Pro version. What should I look at now?

Free version of dhtmlxGrid allow only dinamically smart rendering mode. Please see example here dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … d_dyn.html

I do not see the file dhtmlxgrid_fast.js anywhere in the codebase.

Must be stored as
dhtmlxgrid/codebase/ext/dhtmlxgrid_fast.js
If it somehow missed - you can use attached one.

dhtmlxgrid_fast.zip (809 Bytes)