Dependent Tasks (linked tasks) auto scheduling when using Dynamic loading

Hi Guys,

I have a setup like this,

where a task(Task #1.1) inside one parent is linked to another task(Task#3) within another parent.

During Dynamic loading/branch loading I load the immediate children of the task which I expanded.
I use the default gantt.load(url) method for Dynamic loading tasks.

Case:

If I opened Project #1-> Task #1, then Task#1.1 & Task #1.2 will be loaded.
If I have enabled autoscheduling and I change the end_date of Task #1.1 what will happen?
Will the Task#3 which I have not loaded into Gantt yet, gets loaded and its start_date change ?

If not, how to handle this scenario with Gantt default functionalities (Because performance is the priority for me) ?

Thanks.

Hello,

If I opened Project #1-> Task #1, then Task#1.1 & Task #1.2 will be loaded.
If I have enabled autoscheduling and I change the end_date of Task #1.1 what will happen?
Will the Task#3 which I have not loaded into Gantt yet, gets loaded and its start_date change ?
If not, how to handle this scenario with Gantt default functionalities (Because performance is the priority for me) ?

After you change the end_date of Task #1.1, Gantt will only update its constraint properties (constraint_date and constraint_type).
If a task is not loaded, Gantt will not update its date parameters. After you load that task, Gantt will auto-schedule it.
You can test how it works in the following snippet:
http://snippet.dhtmlx.com/5/a61091709