Dhtml tree check box

Hi,
I am using dhtml tree, In this i have one parent tree/node and also have some sub node for the parent. My problem is initially i checked one sub node from tree at that time the parent node also checked, after that i saved the tree.If i open the same tree which one i selected before, this time the parent node is not selected but the sub node is selected in the checkbox. For me the parent also to be selected. How i can do this?

regards,
sivabharathi

You are using 3-state checkboxes, right?
Can you provide any kind of sample or demo link where it can be reconstructed ?

Hi,

You can check the dhtml tree sample itself, the link given below,

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ecked.html.

If sub node selected means the parent node should be selected. It’s working good if we select the sub node manually. But if i save the file , and reopen means sub node is selected but parent is not selected. For example take the above link edit the xml file and check it. You can identify my problem.

regards,
sivabharathi

Hi,

Yes i am using 3-state checkbox only. You can check the dhtml tree sample itself, the link given below,

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … ecked.html.

If sub node selected means the parent node should be selected. It’s working good if we select the sub node manually. But if i save the file , and reopen means sub node is selected but parent is not selected. For example take the above link edit the xml file and check it. You can identify my problem.

regards,
sivabharathi

In case of above sample - just remove the next line

tree.enableSmartXMLParsing(true);

and sample will work as you wish.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. It's working now. But after removing that line tree loading became slower. Because in my tree have more than 700 nodes. For example if i am use tree.enableSmartXMLParsing(true) means my tree will load in 1 secs, after removing the line it's takes 20 secs to load, It will very slow. 

I used following methods:
accountTree = new dhtmlXTreeObject(“account_tree”, “100%”, “100%”, 0);
accountTree.setSkin(‘dhx_skyblue’);
accountTree.setImagePath("<%=request.getContextPath()%>/web/Dhtmltree/codebase/imgs/account_tree/");
// accountTree.enableSmartXMLParsing(true);
accountTree.enableCheckBoxes(1);
accountTree.enableThreeStateCheckboxes(true);
accountTree.enableDistributedParsing(true, 10, 250);
accountTree.setOnLoadingStart(func_a);
accountTree.setOnLoadingEnd(func_b);
accountTree.loadXML("<%=request.getContextPath()%>/web/xml/account<%=dateTime%>");

How i can resolve this.

Regards
Sivabharathi

Unfortunately you can’t have both in the same time - tree can provide fast loading functionality, but in such case it will not be able to check parents from inside of closed branches, or you can have full checking support, but it will slowdown a loading.