dhtmlcombo box

The combo script does not pass the attribute when an item is added to the cart.

Here is the link to test: store.glittergaloreandmore.com/m … Stars_Jars

To test select any color stars and add it then select shopping bag. The color that was selected is not added.

Please help!

Please try to update existing dhtmlxcombo.js with attached one
( default version doesn’t work good with field names, which are contain a brackets )

dhtmlxcombo.zip (9.77 KB)

I’ve updated the new dhtmlxcombo file but the option value is still not being added. 

Some how the script is interfering with or not passing the option value when it is used.

Here is an example of the product page without the script and everything works fine. store.glittergaloreandmore.com/G … itter.html

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

I did not get a reply for the last answer.

I just discovered that the updated file causes an error in I.E.8. It displays an error sign and reads: Done, but with errors on page.

When you click it it displays:
’ dhtmlx’ is undefined
Code: 0     Line; 1328  Char: 2

I replaced it with the previous version to prevent the error from display.

Please help!

>> I’ve updated the new dhtmlxcombo file but the option value is still not being added.

combo creates the hidden inputs with the same names as select name - it allows to submit selected value.

But the format of names, that you use, isn’t supported. Please, have a look at the example with form on our website:

dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dht … _save.html

>> When you click it it displays:’ dhtmlx’ is undefined

probably you use some old version of the dhtmlxcommon.js. Please, try to use the latest one. It can be downloaded with combo package from our website.

I’ve updated all of the files to the latest version and then updated the dhtmlxcombo.js from your previous post. Everything displays correctly, except that the option does not get added when I add the product. I want the user to be able to select the color (option) when the product gets added to the shopping bag.

>>combo creates the hidden inputs with the same names as select name - it allows to submit selected value.  
If this was the true, then the script should work. But it doesn’t. Here is the original page template, without the dhtmlxxcombo: store.glittergaloreandmore.com/m … Stars_Jars . It works fine. If you select the color and add it, the option is passed to the shopping bag.

What changes when I include the combo script? I really want this to work! I think it will help my website be more user friendly.

Currently combo creates the following hidden field:

So, it seems thet you didn’t change the select name. Try to set name Product instead of Product_Attributes[1]:value.

So, it seems thet you didn’t change the select name. Try to set name  Product instead of Product_Attributes[1]:value.

This works ok when I don’t use the combo. See demo: store.glittergaloreandmore.com/m … Stars_Jars

I want to add the combo to the existing template. It just doesn’t work.

Unfortunately combo doesn’t support such a format of names

But it is just an array of options that are created dynamically.

In this case you try to get combo value manually and put into some hidden field for submitting: