dhtmlGrid and single cell edit w/out row highlight

Hello,

I’m am using dhtmlxGrid Pro, 2.5 on IE 8 compatibility mode.

I’ve read through the knowledge-base and am trying to determine how to disable row highlighting. I really just want cell editing and no more. I tried the enableMarkedCells(true) method and that definitely removed the row highlighting. Unfortunately I can’t edit the cells. This seems to have disabled such capability.

From looking at other posts where you suggest modifying “DIV.gridbox_dhx_skyblue TABLE.obj TR.rowselected TD” I get unusual behavior. First, I have a row with about 10 columns. The first four columns have a rowspan of 2 applied to the rows. The subsequent column/rows are just a rowspan of 1. When clicking on the upper row with the rowspan of 1 it will highlight that row and the rowspan 2 row. When clicking on the lower row with rowspan 1 it will only highlight that row. That bottom row is non-editable.

Your CSS solution doesn’t work in this case. I either want everything in this rowspan 2/rowspan 1 row highlighted or have nothing highlighted. Suggestions? Here’s a crude graphic:

--------------------------------------------------------

| | | ||||____||

| | | | | | | | |

--------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

-Doug

Background of the selected cell and row is defined with CSS. You should modify selected row and cell classes to disable highlighting of selected row. Please find more information here dhtmlx.com/dhxdocs/doku.php?id=d … ustom_skin

This doesn’t help that much.  Look at your own example for row highlighting: dhtmlx.com/docs/products/dhtmlxG … wspan.html

As you click on the rows you get some odd looking behavior (click on “The Rainmaker”, then click on “Misery”).  This can’t be intentional and looks like a bug or a design that hasn’t been completed.

Hello,

in order to disable highlighting in grid you can comment some css classes in the dhtmlxgrid.css and dhtmlxgrid_dhx_skyblue.css. The file with details is attached

css_changes.txt (1.41 KB)

Yes, I’d already commented-out those styles and it works fine.  Although it works, it is a bit awkward.  Being able to toggle highlighting programatically would be so much nicer.

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to toggle highlighting programatically.